Safe to say that Canada's 87's are the best group in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky*

What do you guys think. I was just looking over some of the names and all i could think was WOW.

Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule, Daniel Bertram, Gulliame Latendresse, JP Paquet, Marc Staal, Devon Setoguchi, Brock Bradford, Chris Durand, Bryan Little, Daniel Ryder, etc

THat is not a bad list at all. Safe to say that they will be taking home the U-18 gold medal.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sticky said:
What do you guys think. I was just looking over some of the names and all i could think was WOW.

Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule, Daniel Bertram, Gulliame Latendresse, JP Paquet, Marc Staal, Devon Setoguchi, Brock Bradford, Chris Durand, Bryan Little, Daniel Ryder, etc

THat is not a bad list at all. Safe to say that they will be taking home the U-18 gold medal.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
MHJS said:
I didn't know the 1980 team was playing the 1987 team

No but as the 1980 miracle team proved, the best can be beaten!

Canada though does have one hell of a group though, best that has come around from any where in a long long time!

W Jets fan

Jun 14, 2004
It's too bad Crosby isn't playing with these guys. WOuld've made a strong team
even stronger. Oh well you can't win them all! :)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Sticky said:

Yeah, but is it possible they have too much talent??? Sometimes it just doesn't work, but in the U18 scenario with almost everyone available(no Crosby tho'), Canada could be just too deep for other countries and be a threat with all four lines!

The group of 1985's for Canada is also amazing. Probably too strong for any nation to try and beat. The 85's won both U18 tourney's, the summer event with no problem and the U18 World Championships as well without everyone available. The likes of Horton, Stewart, Carter, Dawes, Perry, Pouliot, Getzlaf, Richards, Phaneuf, etc. are just dominating. Sandwiched in between are the less talented 1986 born Canadians. Cam Barker looks to be the top dog so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad