Sad News

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Found myself going through some of my "scouting notes" for the Atlanta Fan Dispersal Draft; that was how I came to know Kevin. (Links if anyone wants to see that thread again: part 1, part 2, part 3).

I dunno if he came up with the idea originally (wouldn't be shocked to hear it either way), but he managed it incredibly well. I remember it being a ton of fun, and I was on the periphery.

Definitely going to miss his contributions. :(

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
thats simply wonderful. I will use that one in the future for sure, with appropriate annotation...

Great find! :laugh:

Sorry it's huge, but here's the pic from the article. I'm not much of a race fan, but that's an awesome pic.

NeelyAtIMS.jpg

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Didn't know Kevin,other than his posts on here; but what a great quote from him.

Remember folks. Sometimes in the quest to be nice, the best way to do it is to be honest with people. Don’t tell people something with no intention of following through. Don’t ask for advice and completely ignore it. Don’t act a fool when someone else sticks their neck out for you. God gave you two ears and one mouth, so listen two times more than you speak.

First and foremost, as my Grandma used to say, remember that not everyone’s going to love you like your mama. You will be criticized, put down, made fun of or have your imperfections pointed out. Grow the hell up and deal with it. Life ain’t all gumdrops and unicorn farts. When you face adversity, bow up and do it. You’ll fail more than you succeed, but if you’re not failing, you’re not learning.
Most importantly, do something original and be your own person. — Kevin Neely

RIP Kevin and prayers for the family!!

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
There was an idea being tossed around yesterday about pitching in to send a flower arrangement to his family for his funeral. His family sent some information with regards to funeral plans, and told us that in lieu of flowers we should make a donation to the American Diabetes Association or another charity under his name. They feel as though that would exemplify his giving nature, and I couldn't agree more based on the conversations I've had with him.

If anyone is interested in contributing what they can let me know. Once a more solid plan is in place I will get back to you with the necessary information.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Once it is all set up I will do that. Right now all they have is the information for the funeral home, but the funeral date and time isn't set yet (they are aiming for Saturday). I supposed they can set up a paypal account over there (or whatever it is they want to use) in order to collect donations.

I'll PM you the info I get as I get it.

edit: if you'd like to make a donation but would rather do it on your own as opposed to trusting your money with someone you've never met (I won't be offended :nod:) you can do so here:

https://donations.diabetes.org/site...=form1&loc=donatepg&s_src=dorg&s_src=donatepg

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
My condolences to his family and anyone who had the pleasure of meeting and knowing Kevin. He'll be missed among our mod community, just an all-round great guy. :(

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
It seems a bit poetic that we play Winnipeg tonight. The first game he gets to watch in heaven is his old team against his new one.

Enjoy this one Kev.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Very sad news. I enjoyed his posts and was glad he stuck with us. Condolences to his family and friends.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Absolutely heartbreaking. Death never gets easier no matter who it Is.

R.I.P Kev. You'll always be a an important part of these boards.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
It seems a bit poetic that we play Winnipeg tonight. The first game he gets to watch in heaven is his old team against his new one.

Enjoy this one Kev.

Agreed. Just arrived at the rink and thought the same to myself. Saw the news this morning of Kevin's passing and just wanted to add my condolences to the thread. Never met him in real life, but he was an intelligent and caring person on the boards ands will be missed. I was asked last month if he could be added to our board as a moderator and never hesitated to reply and welcome him to the board. A quality person that we are better for knowing during his time here.

RIP KevFist

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
RIP Kevin, so sorry to hear this awful news.
I hope you are in a better place and watching hockey in heaven.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Just terrible news, condolences to any friends and family that are reading this. One of the last men standing at the end of the Thrashers forums here, one of my brothers in arms on the way down.

First JG from SmirkinChicken, now this.

Rough year for former Thrashers forum guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->