SabresTV: Beyond Blue & Gold – Latest: Dec 20

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
That episode was great, but it was weird how they were all talking about Drury like he's dead or something. I guess he stays out of the public eye these days?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
That episode was great, but it was weird how they were all talking about Drury like he's dead or something. I guess he stays out of the public eye these days?

And a quick google search says ...

Christopher Ellis Drury (born August 20, 1976) is a retired American professional ice hockey player who most recently played with the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League. He currently serves as the Assistant General Manager for the New York Rangers. Drury is a Hobey Baker Award-winner with Boston University, a Calder Trophy winner with the Colorado Avalanche, a Stanley Cup champion with the Avalanche, a two-time Olympic silver medalist with the United States, and a former captain of the Buffalo Sabres and New York Rangers. As a child, he also won the Little League Baseball World Series Championship with his hometown team from Trumbull, Connecticut.

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
Weird then with with him still in hockey they couldn't get any sort of comment from him on this or really with anything having to do with the Sabres. Even Briere comes back from time to time like with Birons roast. They are talking about Drury in hushed reverent tones here and it's like ok he's right over as the asst. GM of the Rangers.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Weird then with with him still in hockey they couldn't get any sort of comment from him on this or really with anything having to do with the Sabres. Even Briere comes back from time to time like with Birons roast. They are talking about Drury in hushed reverent tones here and it's like ok he's right over as the asst. GM of the Rangers.

Yea, a comment or two from him would have been cool. Maybe they did ask him. Maybe they also asked Briere. But neither wanted to say anything or weren't available during filming windows. :dunno:

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Going to school in Ottawa as a Sabres fan in those years was just great. Miss that rivalry, or a rivalry of any sorts..

The Pominville GWG the first year is still the best live sporting moment I've seen.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
We will never have the feelings from the 05-07 time period back, ever again.

The game has changed, the players have changed, and the fans have changed. The Sabres might someday be that good again, but it will never re-capture that exact feeling. That feeling ended July 1st, 2007.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
We will never have the feelings from the 05-07 time period back, ever again.

The game has changed, the players have changed, and the fans have changed. The Sabres might someday be that good again, but it will never re-capture that exact feeling. That feeling ended July 1st, 2007.
This made me sad

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Going to school in Ottawa as a Sabres fan in those years was just great. Miss that rivalry, or a rivalry of any sorts..

The Pominville GWG the first year is still the best live sporting moment I've seen.

I too miss rivarlies. Even if it was as recent as our Boston one. I'd make sure I scheduled myself around those games...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffaloSabres - @Giostyle21 - This #BeyondBlueAndGold will air COMMERCIAL-FREE for 10 minutes during the 1st intermission on @MSGNetworks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->