Confirmed with Link: Sabres trade Taylor Fedun to Dallas for conditional 2020 7th round pick

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I went to the Stars board and checked their GDT to see if a local beat writer had the lines from the morning skate.

Nothing.

Give your Sabres board posters a hand for getting that stuff to each other.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Capfriendly won't update until it actually happens, but chock another draft pick up in the column :D

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Hey, an actual draft pick for a ho hum mediocre #8/AHL dman?

With how many quality players signing as UDFAs or going undrafted their first time then blowing up and then being drafted every pick holds some modicum of value.

Fedun cost nothing and at the very least we get a late round flier. Likely a nothing prospect comes of it but maybe we find another Gaustad or Campbell late in a draft. Both guys were taken in the 6th/7th, played several years here as quality players and then both returned 1st round picks. That is obviously the best case outcome here.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Fedun will start his 25th game of the season for Dallas tonight. Buffalo will receive Dallas' 7th in 2020.
its-happening-gif.png

Reactions: coastal

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don’t have anything against Taylor, but I wouldn't want a guy with that last name to play on my team. :laugh:

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
great asset management by the Genius Botterill

Keeping scrubs like Tennyson and Redmond over Fedun is a fireable offense, IMO

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
great asset management by the Genius Botterill

Keeping scrubs like Tennyson and Redmond over Fedun is a fireable offense, IMO

Anything involving those three names is not a fireable offense,

Botterill cut all three. Not a fireable offense.

Botterill left all three in Rochester. Not a fireable offense.

Botterill murdered all three in their sleep. Not a fireable offense.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm glad he did well in Dallas. Is it lightning in a bottle? Could be. His recall stats over his whole career show some solid "average" numbers with some unexpectedly good bits mixed in though.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Is anyone that upset about Taylor Fedun being traded. Seriously, color me unimpressed. 9 out of 10 times he's at best an 8th defensemen. Meh.

8th defenseman? He is a top 6 on a second round playoff team. The fact that he was a 10th on our terrible defense corps shows our team cannot evaluate talent

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm glad he did well in Dallas. Is it lightning in a bottle? Could be. His recall stats over his whole career show some solid "average" numbers with some unexpectedly good bits mixed in though.

I distinctly recall that when we first got Fedun and he played for us initially, he looked like a legit top 6 NHL Dman. I think the metrics even bore it out. Just like this season in Dallas. And then the next year? Was god-awful.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Good for Fedun having a decent season in Dallas, I'm not gonna cry and tears over letting him go though.

Reactions: joshjull

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I always liked Fedun, I was a little disappointed to see him moved for just a conditional late pick. Glad he's seeing success in Dallas.

Doesn't shock me at all that players look better when they leave the Sabres. That kind of thing happens when you go from a organization with lacking talent and little to no coaching, to a real team. We'll eventually get it right, hopefully Krueger and co is a big step forward, but this is why I'm always amused when people's minds are made up on players so quickly around here. There's definitely a lot of objective crap on this team, but a lot of untapped potential too.

Reactions: dire wolf

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Moving on from fedun isn't the end of the world but when it comes down to it, it's not insignificant.

Good teams have to pay players like skinner, eichel, reinhart, dahlin.

When you have big contracts like that you need guys who fly under the radar, don't demand much money, and have a net positive impact.

If we are going to be successful, we have to pay our stars and ice guys like fedun at 1 mil rather than bogo at 5.5 or whatever, and scandella at 4

Reactions: dire wolf

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don’t really see Fedun playing before Ristolainen, Montour, Bogosian or Nelson. At best he’d be #5 on our right wide depth chart.

Then you have to factor in Borgen and Dougherty, both of which I’d rather see called up over Fedun.

And that’s not taking into account the extra bodies we have on the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->