Sabres Trade Targets

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
There was a time when acquiring another elite 2 way center was a pipe dream... and then it happened ;)

22 year old and just getting better every game Elite 1C/2c isn't getting traded. I love Cirelli. An older 2C is more realistic such as RNH or ROR. :huh:;)

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
22 year old and just getting better every game Elite 1C/2c isn't getting traded. I love Cirelli. An older 2C is more realistic such as RNH or ROR. :huh:;)

Tampa SHOULD have enormous contract pressure that forces someone out... the most sensible move for them is actually trading Kucherov, because Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev are very poachable via offersheets.

13 players @ 74 million is a tight spot.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If anybody from Tampa is gonna get moved that could be a 2C, it’ll be Tyler Johnson. And he’ll only be available in the offseason.

he has a full no trade clause through 2021. Getting a player to waive their way off a championship roster to somewhere they will make less money (taxes) is... highly unlikely

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
he has a full no trade clause through 2021. Getting a player to waive their way off a championship roster to somewhere they will make less money (taxes) is... highly unlikely

Probably. However they have a culture of buying in to the team down there and I don’t think Johnson is gonna rip up his contract to give a pay boost to the RFAs. Then again I don’t think you can do that anyway in the NHL

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
To get something worth while you usually have to give something worth while.

I expect either Reinhart or Ristolainen to be shipped off soon. This team needs serious change.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Probably a moot point with Columbus going 6-0-4 in their last 10. Doubt they make any moves. We would have to send a Scandella and 2nd or prospect to make it work. Or Sheary plus.
Had a feeling Scandella would be the first domino to allow some cap space first.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Tampa SHOULD have enormous contract pressure that forces someone out... the most sensible move for them is actually trading Kucherov, because Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev are very poachable via offersheets.

13 players @ 74 million is a tight spot.

Don’t let me daydream of Cirelli and Cozens hunting down pucks for years:D

Reactions: EichHart

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
These are pending UFA's
Mike Hoffman $5.18M
Marcus Foligno $2.88M
Mikael Granlund $5.75
Tyler Toffoli $4.7M

None of them interest me. :laugh:

I'd take Hoffman in a heart beat. No way FLA is looking to offload talent right now though w/ the run they're on.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Only one I wouldn't take on reasonable contract is Hoffman.

So you take issue with the only guy on the list with 30G potential? Because of the Ottawa/Karlsson stuff? He hasn't had any issues in Sunrise. Toffoli is a nice piece, but his offensive output will not match up to his UFA price tag. Granlund would have to a show-me deal for a steal of an AAV to even take a flyer.

I'd take Foligno with Hoffman as well, as he has a different set of intangibles that would make him a nice fit here - and the contract is likely pretty reasonable. But if I can only pick one to help BUF, it's the sniper.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I'd be pressing hard for Josh Anderson. Aaron Portzline just wrote another speculative piece for the Athletic this morning (the usual paywall applies):

Josh Anderson’s uncertain future, and why the Blue Jackets power forward is surfacing in trade rumors

In a perfect world, the Blue Jackets and Anderson’s agent, Darren Ferris, would gather shortly after the 2019-20 season and negotiate a long-term deal that would keep the 25-year-old in a Blue Jackets sweater until well into his 30s.

But the feeling around the NHL is that Anderson is more likely to be traded — either by the NHL trade deadline (less likely) or after the season (more likely) — than he is to be re-signed by the Blue Jackets. GMs have been poking around on Anderson for a while now.

I'd float Mittelstadt's name out there as a starting point and see if that moves the needle.

I also think there's still a trade to be had with Winnipeg. They're light on defensemen, heavy on forwards, and most importantly have cap space. There's also going to be an expansion decision to be made between Roslovic and Copp. I wonder if we could interest them on a package of Miller + (ERod?) for Copp. Copp only has one point at ES over their last 20 games, seems like a good time to buy low while also providing them some players with term so they can reset for next year when they get healthy.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->