Sabres Trade Targets

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I can't imagine TB has any desire whatsoever to even think about dealing Cirelli.

They are going to have some tough decisions to make Cap wise this offseason and Cirelli is an RFA due for a nice raise.
Tampa will only have 8 million to sign 10 players and Cirelli only makes $728K now. They have a ton of players with NTC.
Nice to see their team fall apart.

Reactions: Eichel9

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
id love to add nick but how in God's name are we fitting him cap-wise?
Probably a moot point with Columbus going 6-0-4 in their last 10. Doubt they make any moves. We would have to send a Scandella and 2nd or prospect to make it work. Or Sheary plus.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They are going to have some tough decisions to make Cap wise this offseason and Cirelli is an RFA due for a nice raise.
Tampa will only have 8 million to sign 10 players and Cirelli only makes $728K now. They have a ton of players with NTC.
Nice to see their team fall apart.

Eh, we hear that every year and every year good teams go to lengths to keep their core together. They make it work.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Probably a moot point with Columbus going 6-0-4 in their last 10. Doubt they make any moves. We would have to send a Scandella and 2nd or prospect to make it work. Or Sheary plus.
I mean long term moreso...but you're right and picked a good target to change the room.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
do offer sheets require original draft picks, or can acquired picks be used?

I believe it is original picks. I could be wrong...

If correct, that would mean we can't offersheet Cirelli... because of the Vesey trade. As if that trade needs to have any more repercussions attached to it

Reactions: Der Jaeger

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
It has to be your own picks and unless you're giving up multiple of a type of pick, it has to be available in the next draft. Since the Sabres don't have a 3rd round pick in 2021, they could only send offer sheets in the no compensation, 2nd round pick, or 4 1st round picks ranges in 2020.

Of course, a team can always re-acquire its own draft pick if they want to sign someone to an offer sheet badly enough.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Too bad we don't have a 3rd rounder and thus can't send him a reasonable offersheet.

You think TB would give up Cirelli for a 3rd round pick? I wouldn't think TB blinks when matching.

To get them to think, I think you'd have to go up to 2nd round compensation area. Think of something like a 4x4.....and I'm still not sure they don't insta-match that.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You think TB would give up Cirelli for a 3rd round pick? I wouldn't think TB blinks when matching.

To get them to think, I think you'd have to go up to 2nd round compensation area. Think of something like a 4x4.....and I'm still not sure they don't insta-match that.

No, I'm talking about something like a 6 year / 7.0 offersheet, that calculates at 8.4 per (5 year measure), and the comp is 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Cirelli is a stud.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With EF thinking that NJ is looking at a D from the Sabres, I wonder if Bogo for Simmonds is a shuffling of deck chairs type deal that makes sense?

As long as the shuffle is either for someone expiring or just a pick of some stripe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad