Sabres sign Vasiliy Glotov to 1 Year AHL contract

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I have to think that he does spend most of his time in the ECHL though.

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
Is this with the Sabres or the Amerks? It does not make sense for the Sabres since there would only be one contract left after signing Sam.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Is this with the Sabres or the Amerks? It does not make sense for the Sabres since there would only be one contract left after signing Sam.
Tweet reads like its an AHL signing... so I'd say Amerks. Assuming he sticks there.

Would love to see this kid succeed though. Haven't watched him play so I can't comment on his skill level, but a great attitude. The organization needs more of that at any level (but hopefully in the pros).

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Tweet reads like its an AHL signing... so I'd say Amerks. Assuming he sticks there.

Would love to see this kid succeed though. Haven't watched him play so I can't comment on his skill level, but a great attitude. The organization needs more of that at any level (but hopefully in the pros).
He's looked damn impressive in the 3 on 3 tournaments, but it seems like he hasn't developed the strength to play an effective AHL game as yet. He's still young, but this year is his "show us" year for sure. I'm super happy for him, his attitude and joy of playing the game is infectious.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No, some AHL deals are one-way deals where they get paid the same regardless of the league and there are two-way deals where they get less money if they get sent to the ECHL.
I was thinking less about pay and more about getting sent down. As in a guy with a NHL deal has to give permission and a guy on a AHL deal doesn't. At least that's my understanding of it. Plus the poster I quoted initially was asking if it was a Sabres or Amerks contract

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Happy to see this. He's the lovable underdog.

For those who saw him in Shawinigan or at development camp a couple weeks ago, did he look "bigger". I know development camp had a lot of small / light players on the rosters, but I think when BUF drafted him, his weight was 15 lbs or more lighter than he's listed now.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Happy to see this. He's the lovable underdog.

For those who saw him in Shawinigan or at development camp a couple weeks ago, did he look "bigger". I know development camp had a lot of small / light players on the rosters, but I think when BUF drafted him, his weight was 15 lbs or more lighter than he's listed now.
His Twitter pics make him look like he's still pretty little

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Like I mentioned before I shook his hand after the scrimmage a few weeks ago and he's a little guy (I'm 6'1"). SUPER nice kid if a bit shy. I just can't stop rooting for him - and he really loves the spotlight on the ice, and you could tell how much it bothered him when he missed his shootout chance. He just needs to use his teammates more, and play within the system, and build some strength, of course. He's got some silky mitts...

Reactions: Reddawg

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
kids been held back by so many awful teams. can't wait for him to be in an atmosphere where he can prove he's an NHLer

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
kids been held back by so many awful teams. can't wait for him to be in an atmosphere where he can prove he's an NHLer
I've got to believe he's continuing to get chances due to his abilities and attitude rather than what he's actually done on the ice. Due to the poor opportunities he's had in NA to date, like you said.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If he signed a Rochester only contract...I think buffalo still has his rights till 1 June 2020 with him being drafted out of Europe.

As a result he shouldn’t be able to be taken by another nhl club like other AHL only contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad