Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Tobias Rieder 1 year/$700k

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
VERY good PKer and likely won't be more than a 12th/13th forward? Yes, please.

Given that it's a vet minimum deal, I'm a little surprised he picked us over a contender. But happy he did.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We need someone who can at least pretend to win a faceoff in there (and on the PK). Lazar, Girgensons and Rieder are all awful at it.

Lazar was taking important 3rd period draws for the last couple weeks of our season.

If Lazar is our 4th line center this year, I don't hate it at all. In any way. Lazar is only 25....2 years younger than Larsson. And Larry didn't become Larry until like 24 or 25. I'm still semi-hopeful that it works out.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Lazar was taking important 3rd period draws for the last couple weeks of our season.

If Lazar is our 4th line center this year, I don't hate it at all. In any way. Lazar is only 25....2 years younger than Larsson. And Larry didn't become Larry until like 24 or 25. I'm still semi-hopeful that it works out.
Lazar is not going to become Larry. Larry was Larry by his age 23 season, just wasn't getting the credit for it until this past season.

Reactions: Chainshot and DJN21

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Nah. Son of former Peterborough Pete and NLA player Dale. 2nd in rookie goals in the OHL this year (29) to Shane Wright. Hardworking C that’s good on FO and PK.
Thanks..I'd like your post but someone took my "liking posts" privileges away lol

Reactions: Paxon

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
hard to be upset about a 4th line/penalty killer on a short & cheap deal. another placeholder vet that should be replaced by a prospect instead of getting an extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad