Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Tobias Rieder 1 year/$700k

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I have a feeling our bottom six will be:

Girgensons-Lazar-Okposo
Rieder-Cozens-Thompson

It looks a lot better if you re-sign Larsson and slot him in for Lazar...

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Girgensons is better than Reider. By a lot. Sigh.

I don't disagree there. But, in the end, they are both 4th liners. I would have been fine with Rieder as a 13th forward who played fill in from time to time, but we literally have Lazar for that.

So we're going to carry 14 forwards now?

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Way too early to know. Maybe Girgs will slot in on line 3; or maybe Girgs is moving to centre and line 4 will be Rieder/Girgs/Okposo.

Rieder is a good penalty killer, which was an issue last year. Flames fans seem disappointed he wasn't kept for the 4th line.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Way too early to know. Maybe Girgs will slot in on line 3; or maybe Girgs is moving to centre and line 4 will be Rieder/Girgs/Okposo.

Rieder is a good penalty killer, which was an issue last year. Flames fans seem disappointed he wasn't kept for the 4th line.

PK probably sucked because of coaching. Same group did much better under previous coaches.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
We have 3 13th forwards (Lazar, Okposo, Rieder). At least 2 of them will be consistent roster mainstays this upcoming season. This is the state of the team.

okposo is more than that, just vastly over paid. He has adapted well to his bottom six role and is good for about 30 point seasons.
Agreed on lazar/reider though. Hopefully just one is a regular.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad