Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Matt Irwin 1 year/$700k

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Which is a fine thing if you ask me. Bryson might be close, but I don't think he's ready. I'd MUCH rather a vet like Irwin step in on a moment's notice to fill in than keep a young guy up here to fill the same role.

And if the rosters really are expanding such as to form a "Black Aces" thing for the entire condensed season.....words can't express how much more I would rather have a Black Aces corps filled with vet min guys than youth who aren't playing. (Of course, should the AHL and juniors decide not to play this year.......I reserve the right to go back on this statement).
I like him better now after reading about him from non-Nashville sources and looking at videos lol

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
imagine 700k being the difference in Kahun staying here and instead of a 35 point jack of all trades forward who can have some impact on the game we got Irwin when an AHl dman could provide as much (or little as will likely be the case).

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Woooo Irwin!! Adams is def serious about this year boys.

Wonder if fans were even allowed in arenas again if it even matters in Buffalo. No one gives a shit about Girgensons, Okposo, Reinhart whatever other loser they ice. They got 3 decent pieces. Sam is a 45 point player at best without Jack so he will likely get 7-8 per to score 58 points a year with Jack and 43 without him. Just a pathetic player who never lived up to the hype. Sam was a #2 overall pick and isn't even a better Sabre then Pommers and Roy were in their prime.

Kahun? Nah, we need to make sure we can pay Girgs 2.2 mil a year for his 7 goals and 19 points a season he usually puts up.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Woooo Irwin!! Adams is def serious about this year boys.

Wonder if fans were even allowed in arenas again if it even matters in Buffalo. No one gives a shit about Girgensons, Okposo, Reinhart whatever other loser they ice. They got 3 decent pieces. Sam is a 45 point player at best without Jack so he will likely get 7-8 per to score 58 points a year with Jack and 43 without him. Just a pathetic player who never lived up to the hype. Sam was a #2 overall pick and isn't even a better Sabre then Pommers and Roy were in their prime.

Kahun? Nah, we need to make sure we can pay Girgs 2.2 mil a year for his 7 goals and 19 points a season he usually puts up.
Give it a damn rest

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
solid 6/7 defenseman with experience playing on perpetual contenders (sharks, preds). can't hurt to have an older vet around so many 26 & under defensemen with little experience in winning.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad