Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Marcus Johansson 2yrs 9mil (4.5 AAV)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I liked the point about the last two acquisitions being guys with significant playoffs experience. The team lacks those guys.

And both the Vegas and Bruins locker rooms are a huge part of their success. Hopefully those guys bring that here.

I mean from just reading about the whole Kessel saga maybe the Pens weren't the best example of a tight group, though they did win two Cups.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And both the Vegas and Bruins locker rooms are a huge part of their success. Hopefully those guys bring that here.

I mean from just reading about the whole Kessel saga maybe the Pens weren't the best example of a tight group, though they did win two Cups.

It’s one of the reasons why Bonino makes a lot of sense because he was praised for his locker and presence in Pittsburgh. That’s beyond being a center who can handle playing at both ends the ice might be available. He checks a lot of boxes. He would make another really solid contribution to go along with Miller, Marcus, and Vesey for the summer adds.

It’s nice to hear the coach being a recruiting asset. I can’t wait to see Marcus in action.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
It’s one of the reasons why Bonino makes a lot of sense because he was praised for his locker and presents in Pittsburgh. That’s beyond being a center who can handle playing at both ends the ice might be available. He checks a lot of boxes. He would make another really solid contribution to go along with Miller, Marcus, and Vesey for the summer adds.

It’s nice to hear the coach being a recruiting asset. I can’t wait to see Marcus in action.

I'd love to get Bonino - seems like a perfect target.

And I think you mean "presence" though if he was handing out awesome "presents" to everyone, then that would go a long way to get people to like him. :D

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd love to get Bonino - seems like a perfect target.

And I think you mean "presence" though if he was handing out awesome "presents" to everyone, then that would go a long way to get people to like him. :D

Voice to text fail LOL. I usually try to go back and edit, but things slip through. Cap space is the worst - phone gives me “Space” every time.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Or move Larsson up into a pretty balanced line so it's 2 offense, 1 balanced, 1 d.

Skinner- eichel-vesey?
Mojo-mitts-reino
Olofsson-larsson-erod
Girgs-boyle-okposo

Someone has to change sides

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I really like what your team is doing this offseason. I think they'll be very competitive this season.
Yeah and I've thought that for the last 4 years but here we are; they wont get me this time, they will remain in my doghouse til they show and prove.

It's nice to see an outsider admire what the Sabres are doing but they dont deserve it.. not yet.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
It’s one of the reasons why Bonino makes a lot of sense because he was praised for his locker and presence in Pittsburgh. That’s beyond being a center who can handle playing at both ends the ice might be available. He checks a lot of boxes. He would make another really solid contribution to go along with Miller, Marcus, and Vesey for the summer adds.

How much would it cost us?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I heard there was a bit of a disturbance before the presser. An overweight man who appeared to be homeless tried to force his way into the press conference while shouting, "Remember Drury and Briere!". He had to be restrained. Several witnesses said he appeared to have a 3 year old BN press pass.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Voice to text fail LOL. I usually try to go back and edit, but things slip through. Cap space is the worst - phone gives me “Space” every time.
”Space” meaning the 2019-20 home of Vlad Sobotka

Or move Larsson up into a pretty balanced line so it's 2 offense, 1 balanced, 1 d.

Skinner- eichel-vesey?
Mojo-mitts-reino
Olofsson-larsson-erod
Girgs-boyle-okposo

Someone has to change sides
I’m fine adding Boyle, Bonino, or both.

Edwards gets a lot of hate, but really, Andy Brickley is the worse of the 2. Not that it means much.
like stepping in a turd or peeing yourself. What’s the difference?

Reactions: Sansbacon

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
How solid and competant would a
Johansson-Boyle-Vesey/Sheary/Smith/Rodrigues 3rd line look ? I know, I know Mojo needs to be on L2. Keep upgrading that depth Botts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad