Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Justin Bailey to 1 year / 2 way deal

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
And there's that one. Hopefully he can play more consistent shift to shift. I like the profile of Bailey. Size, skating, a decent shot, with the ability to play physical. However, he hasn't put it together yet completely.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I still think he has pretty high potential that hasn't quite shown yet. I hope he gets a decent shot in the NHL this year because he could break out. In his limited time with the Sabres over the past 2 seasons he has generated a bunch of scoring chances that haven't found the back of the net.

Now you can either take that and think that he can't finish and shouldn't be in the NHL or once he starts to get bounces he'll be an impact player.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I still have some hope for him as an NHLer, but not much.

That Philly game he had... I thought that was his break-out moment. What a shame.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Not a fan of Bailey at all. Typical 'All the tools but no toolbox' player.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'm over him...

I've moved on from bailey/baptiste,fasching and now have interest in the new crop.
It's funny how excited everyone gets about mid round picks only to give up a few years later.

The same thing is going to happen with at least half of nylander, Davidsson, asplund, Thompson, borgen, samuelsson, smith, etc.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
It's funny how excited everyone gets about mid round picks only to give up a few years later.

The same thing is going to happen with at least half of nylander, Davidsson, asplund, Thompson, borgen, samuelsson, smith, etc.

That's literally what happens and it makes sense snark aside...we got excited for our threw wingers...they couldn't even hack ahl (as most don't by sheer numbers alone) so we move on and hope for better results...like...literally that is how sports work across the board lol. I'm really unsure what your point is....

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
If Bailey played a very heavy checking game he'd be super effective. Can you imagine a guy who's 6'3 and 215 lbs flying around wrecking people?

I'd be surprised if the coaching staff or management hasn't sat him down and told him the same thing. Its probably the only way he'll stick in the Nhl.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If Bailey played a very heavy checking game he'd be super effective. Can you imagine a guy who's 6'3 and 215 lbs flying around wrecking people?

I'd be surprised if the coaching staff or management hasn't sat him down and told him the same thing. Its probably the only way he'll stick in the Nhl.
Which coaching staff/management are you referring to? Bailey has played for 5 head coaches during his 3 years in the organization; 3 (Cunneyworth, Lambert, Taylor) with the Amerks and 2 (Bylsma, Housley) with the Sabres, along with changes in management. The number of assistants that have come and gone runs into double figures.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Which coaching staff/management are you referring to? Bailey has played for 5 head coaches during his 3 years in the organization; 3 (Cunneyworth, Lambert, Taylor) with the Amerks and 2 (Bylsma, Housley) with the Sabres, along with changes in management. The number of assistants that have come and gone runs into double figures.

The current one, maybe the one year prove it deal will motivate him to work harder and stick in the nhl.

I've never really thought about the sheer number of coaches and managers that these crop of players have had. It really is amazing when you think about it and it most definitely is part of the reason for the lack of development/growth from almost every one of our drafted players. The Amerks being shit for so long also played a role. The Bills have had a similar issue.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara

Nylander is a top 10 pick lol.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
You trash mid round picks then name a bunch of first and second round picks, lol

Good call, I definitely messed that up haha.

It bugs me that people never seem to learn to temper expectations. These prospects are going to be top players in a lot of people minds, and then get thrown out in one off-season once we find the next group to over-hype.

For as long as I've been on here people have been over-projecting the development of our draft picks, regardless of draft position. It wasn't long ago when people were drooling over the idea of having Armia on the wing of Grigorenko, Justin Kea as our replacement Paul Gaustad, Dan Catenacci as the speedy winger that could grind in the bottom 6 or add speed to the top 6.

And to be clear, I still think Bailey can contribute,my comment was to how reactionary everyone is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad