Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign goalie Craig Anderson/ 1yr 750k

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Oh good lord. What possible need could we have for a good goalie on a one-year deal this year. Prime Hasek could be resurrected and we’d still be a bottom five team.

Come on now, a prime Hasek has this team fighting for a playoff spot easy.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Sure, because 10 hours into free agency , they're definitely done making moves, and the roster is set.

Not sure why I keep reading these boards...

Well, we signed Aaron Dell too, neither of these guys were good enough to hold down a backup job a year ago. So even if we trade for a legit starter later in the offseason, it's still not a good look.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No way was Dell and Anderson the plan.

I actually disagree. I think plan A was Ullmark. And then when that fell through the backup plan was punt for the year and sign two league minimum vets left over.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
You can't not like this guy.
Craig Anderson talks about getting a hair cut from his son and auto racing | @Home - Sportsnet.ca

I'm pretty sure the Anderson's and the Granato's are acquainted. They might even be close friends. Craig played for the Chicago Freeze as Pee Wee. He's from Park Ridge, Illinois only a 20 mile drive from the Granato family home in Downers Grove. Craig's wife was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2016. Granato had his cancer scare 10 years earlier. Don would have reached out to them.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Really like the player. We are likely going to be bottom 3 this year, might as well cheer for some good stories. If it doesn’t work, maybe the Pegulas can get a second player to retire mid-game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad