Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign F Steven Fogarty to a one-year deal worth $700k/$250k

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
As long as it’s a two-way Rochester deal it’s whatever. Maybe he can get into a couple games at some point and snag that all-elusive 1st NHL point.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I’m not exactly sure I get how contracts work. I understand one way/two salary (this must be two way). But even though it’s unlikely he ever plays a game in the NHL for Buffalo, it’s technically possible, because this is technically an “NHL” contract? Counts against the 50 contract limit?

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I’m not exactly sure I get how contracts work. I understand one way/two salary (this must be two way). But even though it’s unlikely he ever plays a game in the NHL for Buffalo, it’s technically possible, because this is technically an “NHL” contract? Counts against the 50 contract limit?

It is a 2 way ( 700k/250k , nice raise for him).

It does count against the 50 contract limit as well. All SPC's that an NHL team sign players to count, even if they never play in the NHL. Players like this are on loan to the AHL.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Yes, this is an NHL contract and yes it counts against the 50 contract limit.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
CCR has Vesey size.

New York Rangers Report Card: Steven Fogarty

Considered a shutdown forward, Fogarty isn’t known for his offensive prowess but it caught the attention of Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton, who handed the 26-year-old a call-up to the NHL on Nov. 19, 2018.
More known for his ability on the penalty kill and being able to disrupt the flow of the opposition, Fogarty wasn’t expected to be an offensive juggernaut during his time with the Rangers, rather a reliable stopgap whilst more notable figures came in and out of the lineup.

Steven Fogarty will never be a top-six forward for the Rangers, he’s a bottom nine center who can be placed on the penalty kill and rolled out to offer some grit and toughness.

We might see him in a Sabres uniform.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
CCR has Vesey size.

New York Rangers Report Card: Steven Fogarty

Considered a shutdown forward, Fogarty isn’t known for his offensive prowess but it caught the attention of Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton, who handed the 26-year-old a call-up to the NHL on Nov. 19, 2018.
More known for his ability on the penalty kill and being able to disrupt the flow of the opposition, Fogarty wasn’t expected to be an offensive juggernaut during his time with the Rangers, rather a reliable stopgap whilst more notable figures came in and out of the lineup.

Steven Fogarty will never be a top-six forward for the Rangers, he’s a bottom nine center who can be placed on the penalty kill and rolled out to offer some grit and toughness.

We might see him in a Sabres uniform.

I am consistently impressed with how Jackson trains players at Notre Dame. Very Ellis-sequel in that blurb.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I am consistently impressed with how Jackson trains players at Notre Dame. Very Ellis-sequel in that blurb.
I find their style of play very boring even if effective. I do think they a lot of talent that gets somewhat wasted in that system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->