Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign F Ryan MacInnis (1 yr, 2-way, $750/150K)

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I've finally been doing this long enough that I remember guys from drafts I watched prospects on.

2014 2nd rounder who was projected to go about that.

Pretty meh AHL player, but it's a big body for Roch, and one young enough with maybe something to prove still.

Like this signing.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
I've finally been doing this long enough that I remember guys from drafts I watched prospects on.

Pretty meh AHL player, but it's a big body for Roch, and one young enough with maybe something to prove still.

Like this signing.

His stats don't jump out at all, at any level, for sure. But I still agree he is worth taking a flyer on.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
A clever marketing move, since they have now probably gained a ton of new fans from Nova Scotia. At least half of the province claims to be related to Al in one way or another. :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Like this signing.

It gets sobering when you start noticing the sons of players you've followed for draft purposes in current draft.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
He has no future as a NHL center. Put him at LW, Quinn on the other wing, maybe he can make a living as a grinder. Big, fast, tough, compete blah blah blah but doesn't have the defensive awareness to play C. Or offensive awareness. Anyhow maybe he can remold his game in Rochester.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm just seeing that no Jackets fans have stopped in to give you a report on Ryan MacInnis. He can be a useful fill-in that won't hurt you at all. He has a good head for the defensive side of the game, he's fast, rangy, and smart without the puck. Close to zero scoring touch. He has definitely improved his game over the last couple years in Cleveland, and can contribute at both ends at the AHL level. I still tend to think of MacInnis as a fill-in at the NHL level but he might be able to steal a 4C job from someone like Cody Eakin, if the coach just wants someone to play zero-zero hockey.

He has no future as a NHL center. Put him at LW, Quinn on the other wing, maybe he can make a living as a grinder. Big, fast, tough, compete blah blah blah but doesn't have the defensive awareness to play C. Or offensive awareness. Anyhow maybe he can remold his game in Rochester.

This is not quite right. MacInnis isn't a tough guy, he's pretty willowy. And his NHL selling point is as a strong defensive center.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
MacInnis has played 3 games in 3 nights. Amerks play tonight. Will he play 4 games in 4 nights? What other players have done this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad