Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Derek Grant (2-Way Deal)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Can he play goal?

Sounds like a Phil Varone replacement.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Timmy's really going to work on the farm team. I like it.

He did last year as well and nearly everyone was a dud minus Cal.
Donovan, Akeson, Robak and Sanguinetti were major whiffs.
E-Rod was okay - young at least.
Kaleta was fine when he played - which was rare.

I do appreciate the efforts to improve the team though. It's nice to see after over a decade of management apathy regarding Rochester.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Tim saw this guy in Binghamton.

From the stat-line the ugly is hes played 15 games with 0 points but who cares.

The pretty is last year he scored 45 pts in 36 gms and was +7 while much of the team were double digit minuses.

Edit: I think Rochester could be decent next year.

If this guy scores like he did last year, with the development of Bailey, Carrier, Fasching, and E-Rod, and the upside of Schneider it will be a better top 6 than the years with Schaller, Varone, and the hope that Catenacci would turn it on.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Judging by the trade/signing board reaction, he's an AHL stud/decent 4th liner who's good at the face off dot.

A few Flames fans really wanted him.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Judging by the trade/signing board reaction, he's an AHL stud/decent 4th liner who's good at the face off dot.

A few Flames fans really wanted him.

He put up a bunch of point in the AHL and while he didn't score when he was up, he had a ton of shots and shot attempts. I can't imagine why he wasn't resigned.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Timmy's really going to work on the farm team. I like it.

The most refreshing thing is that they're paying attention to Rochester right at the beginning of July. It seems like most years, the team waits until August or September, when a lot of the good AHL players have already signed, to start rummaging around and looking for roster filler.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
The most refreshing thing is that they're paying attention to Rochester right at the beginning of July. It seems like most years, the team waits until August or September, when a lot of the good AHL players have already signed, to start rummaging around and looking for roster filler.
They signed the vets early on last year. But Sanguinetti was damaged goods and that was a swing and a miss. Have a better feeling about this years signings.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They signed the vets early on last year. But Sanguinetti was damaged goods and that was a swing and a miss. Have a better feeling about this years signings.

In retrospect last season appears to have been a holding pattern in Rochester from the coach to the players.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Was good in Binghamton and was good in Ottawa. Excellent ahler who can play dependable bottom6 nhl hockey.
Nice signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad