Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign D Mark Pysyk (1 year, $900k)

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Pysyk is tough as nails and will keep the mice out of the crease. He'll also play forward and not whine to the media that he's not being used properly.
Make him Captain. His career is the hoceky equivalent of being at Pearl Harbor, witnessing the destruction, battling through the Phippines, surviving, getting a couple months R&R stateside in Florida and Dallas, having a chance to go anywhere, and instead volunteering to ship off to Guadalcanal.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The organization felt so bad about largely excluding him from the 2014-15 tank that they brought him back for this one. How nice.

Reactions: Husko

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Draft flashback: how pissed were we when Detroit took Sheahan a couple picks earlier and we ended up with Pysyk? Watch us re-sign Sheahan and end up with both of them!

I can't quite put words to how that might feel - soothing, satisfying, closure, destiny completed come to mind. Sort of like I would imagine it to be like to have both Sams.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So what is Pysyk now a days? I’d assume a good bottom pairing defenseman who can fill-in in the top-4 in a pinch?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Andrew Peters pronouncing his name wrong pissed me off the first time around. Peters still pronouncing his name wrong today. :scared:

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
NHL free agency: Evaluating the “best” and worst deals from Day 1

The Scrap Heap

Every year some of the best contracts come in at a low price tag as they carry almost no risk and have the potential to surprise. We usually have to wait until later for those gems, but there were some good ones signed on opening day.

Mark Pysyk: Back to being an analytics darling in Dallas though he played extremely sheltered minutes. A fine bet for Buffalo at a low price to see if he can be more at this stage of his career — which in turn might be worth a deadline asset to another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->