Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign D Jeremy Davies to a 1 year, 2-way contract with $775k

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
There's a body discussion for Roch coming. I LOVE dman depth, but someone is a scratch.

Johnson-Prow (both locks)
Davies-Cecconi (both locks)
Novikov-Metsa (should absolutely be pair 3 lock)
Jandric extra

Maybe they don't qualify Clague??

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t think they should qualify Clague. He has arbitration rights and just sat on the NHL a roster all season. He’ll get more than they would want to pay him to sit in the pressbox or return to Rochester. More than he should make for how he will be used going forward.

Reactions: Jacob582

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The big issue for this week for me was - what happens with Davies??? Now I can ease back and pay attention to non-hockey things the rest of the week.

Clearly though, this means Clague is part of the big trade for a RHD. Who cares though now that Davies is re-signed?

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
There's a body discussion for Roch coming. I LOVE dman depth, but someone is a scratch.

Johnson-Prow (both locks)
Davies-Cecconi (both locks)
Novikov-Metsa (should absolutely be pair 3 lock)
Jandric extra

Maybe they don't qualify Clague??
Well, they do have a new ECHL affiliate in Jacksonville to stock as well. Not saying the ones you listed are heading there, but extra bodies pushes someone down.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Starting to get a little crowded on D down in Rochester, aren't we? But, I do like this move for Rochester.....and as as organizational 9/10

Eh, they dressed SIXTEEN different defensemen last year. They already lost their #1, all-situations guy and one of their utility/depth guys, so keeping the Davies-Cecchone pairing as a shutdown, AHL vet tandem is a good thing.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Well, they do have a new ECHL affiliate in Jacksonville to stock as well. Not saying the ones you listed are heading there, but extra bodies pushes someone down.
Jandric's the only current option that's realistic.

Metsa is the other, but he's the top 6 for sure, bordering on requiring a Sabres contract before 23-24 ends.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Jandric's the only current option that's realistic.

Metsa is the other, but he's the top 6 for sure, bordering on requiring a Sabres contract before 23-24 ends.

I would think they roll into the season with 8 on the AHL roster. They lack a little bite right now back there, not sure if Tischke comes back or if they look at say Atwal for a third time as the ECHL swing guy.

Clague might be back. He might not be back. If they upgrade his spot, excellent. If they do something that pushes their current 7/8's down to the Amerks, even better.

In the meantime, I like Davies as an AHL 2-way guy. He and Cecchone gave them things they haven't had in a few years in terms of shutdown ability. I also wonder if they look at him as their possible AHL #1 since he had pretty good offensive chops as a prospect. The rush game is there, he can dangle some, and he's a real dink to play against judging by how he's treated by opponents.

Bartkowski I would assume isn't returning and that is probably a loss in the room and in prep, though late in the season the wheels had certainly fallen off.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Sammy Dahlin
Power XXXXX
Stillman Joker
Bryson Lyubushkin

Johnson Prow
Davies Metsa
Novikov Cecconi
Jandric XXXXX

Ad

Upcoming events