Prospect Info: Sabres sign Brandon Biro (C/LW,Penn State) - Recalled 11/29/23

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I understand this isn't really a serious question, but at this point in time all ELCs signed start next season. Until there's some clarity as to what will happen with the remaining season, no ELCs can be signed that start during the current suspended season.
It was a semi-serious question that I was actually curious about, so thanks for the serious answer.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Signing the captain from PSU, who doesn’t seem particularly notable insofar as his abilities in hockey, just reeks of Pegula having his hand in matters.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Signing the captain from PSU, who doesn’t seem particularly notable insofar as his abilities in hockey, just reeks of Pegula having his hand in matters.

Eh, maybe, maybe not. They have a number of solid UDFA types and Biro falls into that tier of useful, smart forwards that are usually good depth at the AHL level at least.

I'm curious what Bakes mentioned about possible other AJHL UDFA types. At least that is something to browse while waiting around...

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

He's been a PPG for the last two season and is currently 22. This is the sort of player that teams pick up 0-2 of every year.

Reactions: Chainshot

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Yeah to be fair normally I’d be supportive of a move like this for the sake of depth. I’m not really against it. I’m just co-opting it to fit my narrative. I want reality to be that Pegula has undue influence on the franchise because otherwise our front office has done every stupid thing they’ve done of their own volition.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Yeah to be fair normally I’d be supportive of a move like this for the sake of depth. I’m not really against it. I’m just co-opting it to fit my narrative. I want reality to be that Pegula has undue influence on the franchise because otherwise our front office has done every stupid thing they’ve done of their own volition.

Those things can be true simultaneously. Pegula might have been in favor or even advocated for this particular FA in a sea of fairly difficult to project, yet similar, throws of the dice.

And in all fairness Eric Cornel has nearly as many points as Brandon Biro in 3 times as many games this season.

member 334057

Him and Jobst both are small but both are dynamite skaters. Biro's really stepped up and grown with the opportunity presented by all the injuries in Rochester.
His size is a bit of a concern I think. He's not short but being 165lbs at 5'11" means he has a pretty lanky frame right now (I was the exact same size at his age). Generally guys at his weight that make it in the NHL are extremely skilled with good hockey IQ's. He seems to have both but probably not at the level of the other players his size (Gaudreau, DeBrincat, Spurgeon) who are similar in weight but shorter so they have stockier frames.

Get him on a weight training program in the off-season, add a few pounds of muscle to him and I could see him pushing for a spot along side guys like R2 and Asplund.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I always think "Business Information Risk Officer" because it's pronounced the same way - BUY-row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->