Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Andrew Oglevie (Notre Dame C) to 2 year ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fun to dig around and see clips from the USHL when he was playing with Judd Peterson. Other interesting players he lined up with in there include Hobey Baker winner Adam Gaudette, Buffalo native Andrew Poturalski, Ivan Provorov, and Providence's Erik Foley.

Reactions: jBuds

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
He definitely fits the mold going forward; Speedy wingers to compliment the Centers we already have.

But at this point it looks like a depth move, with maybe a bottom six role as his max potential.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Those NCAA stats would project to a 15-15 guy in the NHL.

Another depth guy that can possibly become an NHL regular. As we’ve seen this year - the amount of quality NHLers at the bottom of the lineup is scary low.

If this guy can become a quality 15/15 guy that PKs and is defensively responsible then we should be happy.

I know Botts gets a lot of criticism but I’m really liking what he’s trying to do at the bottom 6. Over the next couple years we are going to see tremendous competition with players like Asplund, Davidsson, Malone, Bailey, Baptise, Fasching, E Rod, Oglevie all battling for spots in our bottom six (I’m sure I forgot a couple players).

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I'd also add he seems like another high character guy in the mix for this organization.

That would be a treat. I suspect Malone is going to be in the mix too with the strides he made last year. Tenacious guys who can skate? Yes please.

To both of your points, it'd certainly be nice to have his energy (if he's good enough to use that energy intelligently in the NHL of course). Who knows -- maybe overhauling the locker room is as easy as adding some youthful exuberance to the bottom six in the form of Oglevie and Malone types (again, provided they're good enough for the NHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad