Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Andrew Oglevie (Notre Dame C) to 2 year ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just getting out of couple hours of lecture and meetings to see this. The kid is clutch. He’s got solid worker bee mentality and from what I remember of him, he’s quick.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
5-10 180, going to need to hit the gym and even then...

Still, may make up a little for not getting Brickley

Last edited:

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
WGR is reporting he will be staying in school this semester to finish his degree and not reporting to Rochester. That was probably a big reason he choose the Sabres.

I haven't read that he signed an ATO with the Amerks, so my guess is that the answer is no ala Casey M.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If he could become a good 4th line center and a replacement for Larsson that would be nice.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I haven't read that he signed an ATO with the Amerks, so my guess is that the answer is no ala Casey M.
It's not like the Mittelstadt situation. Now, even if he decides not to play in Rochester to close out the year, he is certainly eligible to play there. His ELC doesn't start this year because the Sabres don't have any games left, and based on all past precedent contracts can only start during a given league year when the signing team still has games left.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
It's not like the Mittelstadt situation. Now, even if he decides not to play in Rochester to close out the year, he is certainly eligible to play there. His ELC doesn't start this year because the Sabres don't have any games left, and based on all past precedent contracts can only start during a given league year when the signing team still has games left.
I believe he is ineligible for Rochester playoffs because he was not Sabres property on Clear Day roster day. Mittlestadt would have been eligible to sign an ATO because he was Sabres property but chose to start his ELC. Oglevie could have ATO'd and played the remainder of the regular season but would have been ineligible for the playoffs.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I believe he is ineligible for Rochester playoffs because he was not Sabres property on Clear Day roster day. Mittlestadt would have been eligible to sign an ATO because he was Sabres property but chose to start his ELC. Oglevie could have ATO'd and played the remainder of the regular season but would have been ineligible for the playoffs.
Clear Day rosters haven't existed for years. Based on last playoffs, players who aren't in the organization at the AHL trade deadline even can play in the playoffs if signed to ATOs or even PTOs.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
I heard elsewhere he’d signed with an unspecified NHL team. I was slightly miffed we’d missed out on another solid get, then I check in here. The green banner threw me for a loop! I like it. After graduation I’ll bet he’s going to Disneyland!

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Sounds cut from the same cloth as ERod and CJ Smith - 5'10" wingers with decent speed and point/goal producers. More competition among the prospects the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad