GDT: Sabres @ Sharks, 7:30 PM Pacific

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Am I the only one that doesn't see a problem with keeping the successful unit from last year and supplementing it with a Karlsson-led 2nd unit?

Without Thornton, the PP last year was very bad. Their numbers acrosss the course of the season came in slightly below league average, but they only did so because of a stretch where Thornton was dominating and they eeked their way into the top-5. Once Thornton was injured, their PP was near the very bottom of the NHL from that point on.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I kind of wish the socks we're that darker teal color with black stripes instead of how they are. If they did that with teal numbers accented in white I think these would be fire

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Am I the only one that doesn't see a problem with keeping the successful unit from last year and supplementing it with a Karlsson-led 2nd unit?
Why not? We've got the forward depth to have 1a and 1b PP units. Karlsson and Burns just don't look comfortable together.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Without Thornton, the PP last year was very bad. Their numbers acrosss the course of the season came in slightly below league average, but they only did so because of a stretch where Thornton was dominating and they eeked their way into the top-5. Once Thornton was injured, their PP was near the very bottom of the NHL from that point on.

True, but we should, barring another piece of randomly bad luck, have Thornton. At least for a couple more games...

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Weird how some good practice time has translated into more success on the power play. Tough to readjust how you work a power play when you go on a 5 game road trip to start the year with minimal practice time

Reactions: SabresSharks

LeftHeartInSF

Left Heart In SF
Dec 1, 2011
San Francisco/Boston
Weird how some good practice time has translated into more success on the power play. Tough to readjust how you work a power play when you go on a 5 game road trip to start the year with minimal practice time
I want to see them sustain their 1st period energy through 3 periods. I feel like we have only played 1 60 minute game so far (Philly)

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Up 2-0 early. 2 for 3 on the PP. Kill Penalty.

Sharks Fans...

mrw-i-pay-time-warner-for-mbps-and-the-speed-test-shows-mbps-135951.gif

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Okay now that we have the goals, and special teams, I still want that shot differential. This 6 to 4 shot difference is garbage. We should have at least twice that many shots by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->