Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Senators thurs night

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not Ottawa fans doing that sellout

He made the following statement "but your son may never see the place full ever again as long as Melnyk is around."

It does not matter who the customer(s) cheer for, a sellout it a sellout.

I'll bet the two games, in March, both on Saturday nights, vs the Leafs will "see the place full".

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
He made the following statement "but your son may never see the place full ever again as long as Melnyk is around."

It does not matter who the customer(s) cheer for, a sellout it a sellout.

I'll bet the two games, in March, both on Saturday nights, vs the Leafs will "see the place full".
Sorry, I guess I should have phrased it better. :huh:
I am sure the org is very happy knowing that they will have at least 3 sellouts this year. Melnyk should be proud.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Our goalie had to make 46 saves. We were outshot by a -16 margin.
Sorry, but that is an undeserved win.

So a goalie's performance doesn't count? I guess Condon playing crap in 2 games means the Sens get wins for those?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Hate to say it, but your son may never see the place full ever again as long as Melnyk is around.

We gotta get Lajoie away from Ceci, he hasn't been the same player since this pairing was made. I expect ups and downs as a young player, but Ceci is just not the right partner for Lajoie.

If we were at the Habs game I guess he would have

EDIT: I have tickets to the SJ game when all the boycotters will be there

Reactions: aragorn

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
@Sensung I cant find your post about our PDO and shooting percentage. buti say it through another reply... my question to you is... what should we do about it ...were shooting high percentage, would you like us to stop that? high PDO, do you want us to ask andy to let more in..things are going the way they are going.. lots of young guys on the back end. the only way were going to win is with a high shooting percentage. and wining is a priority.

Easy, get rid of Melnyk and fire Dorion. :sarcasm:

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Hate to say it, but your son may never see the place full ever again as long as Melnyk is around.

We gotta get Lajoie away from Ceci, he hasn't been the same player since this pairing was made. I expect ups and downs as a young player, but Ceci is just not the right partner for Lajoie.

Is there anyone that is the right partner for Ceci? Or is everyone just dragging Ceci down so far :sarcasm:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Remember the Andy thread where it was discussed that Anderson asked for a trade and he wasn't good anymore. Worthless. Glad i didn't buy into that.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Has Ceci ever been the right partner for anyone?

Reactions: Clayonator

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Remember the Andy thread where it was discussed that Anderson asked for a trade and he wasn't good anymore. Worthless. Glad i didn't buy into that.
He was terrible last yr, one of the worse goalies in the league & is getting up there in yrs, he seems to be good in yrs that end in even numbers only. Who knows what he will be like next yr in an uneven yr, but so far this yr he is playing well, Condon not so much. Ottawa needs a number one who is consistent yr after yr to eventually replace him & steal a few games every season for Ottawa's young guns as Anderson has done a couple of times this yr so far.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
RDqMfi.jpg

A good play would be for him to reverse the puck here. It is strange no one moved to the boards in the direction Ceci was moving.

I agree, a reverse would have been a great play had Lajoie made it an option. And if Andy had not have yelled ‘wheel, wheel’. This goal coming back to Ceci isn’t surprising but it’s still frustrating. You have an example of one player doing what he can and 4 others doing nothing but this falls on the one player who actually made and decent play.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It is still an option....look at white and the space there. Reverse it to the winger up the boards, Ceci would be on his forehand. That's the correct play there

It could have been though for me White is a little too far and you’d likely have the Sabres defensemen pinching. Which is why I’m guessing Andy wanted Ceci to wheel the puck. Personally would have liked to see Lajoie follow the play, among other things.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I agree, a reverse would have been a great play had Lajoie made it an option. And if Andy had not have yelled ‘wheel, wheel’. This goal coming back to Ceci isn’t surprising but it’s still frustrating. You have an example of one player doing what he can and 4 others doing nothing but this falls on the one player who actually made and decent play.
Yep, I thought the same thing, 4 guys standing around watching & not one of them made a move to be an outlet option for him. I blamed the other guys on the ice more so than Ceci on that play, you have to help your teammates by going to the open areas & giving him an outlet pass but none of them moved & he was forced to play it off the glass & out. People need to keep in mind that coaches hate to see their players pass the puck into the middle of the ice in the D-zone especially if it has a chance to be intercepted. Remember the phrase, "that the glass is your friend" that Redden said all the time & most defenceman would play the puck off the glass to get it out of their zone in that situation.

Reactions: Samsquanch

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Tell that to Vegas and their sellouts!

Ottawa can't rely on tourism to fill the arena...

To fill the arena on a normal weekday they need season ticket holders. Vegas is in a totally different situation that you shouldn't compare with.

If there would be fans of other teams... or fans of hockey period walking the streets of Ottawa by the thousands on any given day we would not be having this conversation.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It could have been though for me White is a little too far and you’d likely have the Sabres defensemen pinching. Which is why I’m guessing Andy wanted Ceci to wheel the puck. Personally would have liked to see Lajoie follow the play, among other things.
XGuDad.jpg

There's a ton of room .. Its the best option he had... It looks to me the rest of the players are thinking that as well. The defenseman who is not in the picture may pinch but he should be screwed if he does. If Ceci reverses the puck to the hash marks where White can go get it and they are going the other way. I am not disputing that Dzingel or Paajarvi should have given him an outlet as he moved behind the net.. but it would not have been better than what he has right now

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
XGuDad.jpg

There's a ton of room .. Its the best option he had... It looks to me the rest of the players are thinking that as well. The defenseman who is not in the picture may pinch but he should be screwed if he does. If Ceci reverses the puck to the hash marks where White can go get it and they are going the other way. I am not disputing that Dzingel or Paajarvi should have given him an outlet as he moved behind the net.. but it would not have been better than what he has right now

Fair enough. Regardless the play Ceci made wasn’t a bad one, he even bought time for the play to develop and even drew in thaaa second fire checker. I agree a reverse would have worked out but this play should have as well. For reasons out of Ceci’s decision this play resulted in a goal against and Ceci shouldn’t be blamed for it. It’s typical that he is though.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
He was terrible last yr, one of the worse goalies in the league & is getting up there in yrs, he seems to be good in yrs that end in even numbers only. Who knows what he will be like next yr in an uneven yr, but so far this yr he is playing well, Condon not so much. Ottawa needs a number one who is consistent yr after yr to eventually replace him & steal a few games every season for Ottawa's young guns as Anderson has done a couple of times this yr so far.
I tend to think with a broken dressing room last year that some players performance shouldn't have been over criticized. Andy and Condon we're hung out to dry last year, their was no chemistry or support for reach other and we looked really bad because of it. If he's good or not though for the rest of this year and next we definitely need a goalie to replace him like the Rangers should start looking at a Lundqvist replacement. Hope Gustavsson will be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->