Value of: Sabres sell off

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Sold.
Wait, what’s the offer?
Doesn’t matter. Done deal.
Alzner :naughty:
The only reason why I wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade with Scandella is that it hurts our chances to sign a stud in free agency. If there was some kind of retention or the Sabres take back a small cap dump, then I would do it.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Alzner :naughty:
The only reason why I wouldn't pull the trigger on a trade with Scandella is that it hurts our chances to sign a stud in free agency. If there was some kind of retention or the Sabres take back a small cap dump, then I would do it.
Oh hell no. He’s a serviceable dman. Just overpaid and unnecessary on this blue line on the left side. I would take a 7th rd pick, or a long shot prospect. But not taking back cap. He’s not negative value.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh hell no. He’s a serviceable dman. Just overpaid and unnecessary on this blue line on the left side. I would take a 7th rd pick, or a long shot prospect. But not taking back cap. He’s not negative value.
My point wasn't that he had negative value. Just that instead of a 7th for Scandella it would be a 4th/5th+Peca for Scandella. If the trade were to happen in the summer and no good UFAs want to sign with Montreal, then a 7th is more than fine.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So the Sabres want to trade all their non performing and untalented players. Novel idea.:sarcasm:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
My point wasn't that he had negative value. Just that instead of a 7th for Scandella it would be a 4th/5th+Peca for Scandella. If the trade were to happen in the summer and no good UFAs want to sign with Montreal, then a 7th is more than fine.
Whoa. Why are you paying $1.3 Million to guy that had 20 career NHL games at 25?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Whelp, looks like our season is going down the tubes. Maybe we should just sell. Nothing Earth shattering just some rentals and tweaks around the edges

Few names that might be available
Pominville
Soboka (please :help:)
Scandella
Larsson
Girgenson
Rodriguez (who I would kind of want to keep, but I can't list Larry and Girgenson without Rodriguez)
Beaulieu
Edit
add Sheary

Again?

Does the rebuild ever end with Buffalo?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Did you miss the part where he said Nothing Earth shattering just some rentals and tweaks around the edges
Yeah I get that these guys don't hold anywhere near the appeal that the Duchene, Stone, Hayes, etc's of the world do, but they could fetch some ok pieces and I think there'd be a market for these guys. Especially if GM's don't want to pony up 1st's and top prospects. I don't think they should move Girgensons or Larsson though. They won't garner enough of a return to make moving them worthwhile.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Here's the conundrum: The team that MOST needs decent bottom 1/2 of the roster guys is BUFF. If these guys can't be that there, then I don't see them helping out good teams.

Sure, I think Sheary might return something and vet dmen, even bad ones, always get dealt at the deadline, so Scandella probably returns something....

but I don't want my team going near any of those guys.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Did you miss the part where he said Nothing Earth shattering just some rentals and tweaks around the edges

I get that but there is a certain cut off where its just not worth it for teams to trade for replacement level guys that everyone already has.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Canucks should be interested in trading for some underperforming wingers & depth d-men to shake things up/see if there's any chemistry. Not looking to take on extra term, or trading anyone 23 & under though. Any interest in Sven Baertschi, Brandon Sutter, Erik Gudbranson, Derrick Pouliot, and Markus Granlund? Willing to trade a more valuable player for an expiring, or shorter term contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad