News Article: Sabres rookie Victor Olofsson sets NHL power-play goal record

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id...ctor-olofsson-ties-nhl-power-play-goal-record
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres rookie forward Victor Olofsson has tied an NHL record by becoming the fourth player to score each of his first six career goals on the power play.
Olofsson made it six in a row with a one-timer off Jack Eichel's pass into the right circle to open the scoring 5:04 into the first period against Montreal on Wednesday night. The Swede's streak dates to the end of last season, when he scored twice in two games.

I guess Krueger sat him down because he didn't want to risk Olofsson scoring at even strength and losing his chance to take sole possession of the record. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ADK

LETS GO BUFFALO!
Oct 3, 2017
Eastern NY
Not use to seeing our boys break records in a good way... season is starting off awesome. Even NHL on the Fly is showing us love. Our PP is 8/15, straight up torching teams.

Reactions: Dingo44

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It's more trivia than a record to me as having your first 6 career goals come on the PP is neither positive nor negative. Of course, how good he is on the PP is a big positive. If you look at the personnel and how they are running the PP, I am confident in it being very good all season.

I'd rather see him score his next one at ES to get that ball rolling.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
When Sylvian Turgeon is the best on the list...
012914_kane.jpg

He’ll always be part of Sabres lore...

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
It's more trivia than a record to me as having your first 6 career goals come on the PP is neither positive nor negative. Of course, how good he is on the PP is a big positive. If you look at the personnel and how they are running the PP, I am confident in it being very good all season.

I'd rather see him score his next one at ES to get that ball rolling.

I'd rather see him score his next one on the PP, then get the ES ball rolling. In the same game. :nod:

Reactions: Chainshot

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Just happy that the threat of Olofsson on the PP should open up more space for the other 4 guys on the ice. PP should be deadly all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad