Confirmed with Link: Sabres Release 2018 Preseason Schedule

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
So September 17th we get to see Dahlin? Wait are preseason games on TV? I forget.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I see a future of complaints of them not streaming a preseason game and/or scrimmage from the jumbotron feed.

Reactions: jc17 and ZZamboni

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
My bet is we only get to watch four preseason games (Both Leafs games, though I don't know if both will be legally), the Kraft one in Clinton, and the last Isles game as a tune up for the broadcast crew.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I see a future of complaints of them not streaming a preseason game and/or scrimmage from the jumbotron feed.

Given how differently the NHL works compared to football you would think they would want their fans to see their up and coming prospects. It's not like football (which is televised for all preseason games) where you get to watch a bunch of practice squad bums for 3 out of the 4 games.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yea I’ve been complaining about not all pre season games being available to watch online for 5 years. It will happen again I’m sure lol.

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
Good to see the complaints rolling in. Even before anybody knows if there's something to complain about, well done.

You've all exceeded my hopes and dreams.

(yes I think they should be able to, at a minimum, stream games if there's anything resembling in-house production wherever they happen to be playing.)

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
This went over my head apparently. Oh well.
It likely only made sense in mine, sorry.

"Well, why would we stream games when people could just fly to each game, and pick up tickets?"
Of course, go to all these games and you will probably lose your job and spouse, so I added handy resources.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Good to see the complaints rolling in. Even before anybody knows if there's something to complain about, well done.

You've all exceeded my hopes and dreams.

(yes I think they should be able to, at a minimum, stream games if there's anything resembling in-house production wherever they happen to be playing.)

To be fair just consider it complaining about the last decade.

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It likely only made sense in mine, sorry.

"Well, why would we stream games when people could just fly to each game, and pick up tickets?"
Of course, go to all these games and you will probably lose your job and spouse, so I added handy resources.

Ahhh ok. I now can follow the logic. :thumbu:

Reactions: cybresabre

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
Do we have any idea yet on the dates for the rookie camp? Im planning on coming in to town to attend a few of the sessions.

Baccus

Feb 18, 2014
Do we have any idea yet on the dates for the rookie camp? Im planning on coming in to town to attend a few of the sessions.

There's a sticky for the Summer Development Camp. It's next week.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
So, if preseason ends 9/28, is it safe to assume regular season will be starting the following week?
I'm in Vegas 10/2 through 10/7 and really want to catch a game there...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
So, if preseason ends 9/28, is it safe to assume regular season will be starting the following week?
I'm in Vegas 10/2 through 10/7 and really want to catch a game there.

Yes! Since September 28 is a Friday, the regular season should start the following Wednesday, October 3. Rumor has it that Vegas will be one of four teams to open at home that night. (Washington and two Canadian teams to be the other three.) If Vegas doesn't host that night - they should play their first home between Thursday, October 4 and Sunday, October 7. No way the NHL has Vegas open on a two game plus road trip.

Going to be tough getting tickets for Vegas first home game whenever what day its played on. Probably have a better shot if they host the opener on Wednesday, October 3 or Thursday, October 4 and then host the second game of the season either on Saturday, October 6 or Sunday, October 7.

Well you won't have too long of wait to know if you can attend a game during your stay there as the NHL is supposed to announce each teams home opener sometime Wednesday with the rest of the schedule to be announced late Thursday afternoon.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm in Vegas 10/2 through 10/7 and really want to catch a game there...

It was announced yesterday that Vegas will be having their home opener on Thursday, October 4 vs the Philadelphia Flyers. (See the graphic below) I'm assuming that NBCSN will be televising the game so hopefully I'll be home in time from the Sabres home opener - vs Boston - to watch the pre-game stuff LIVE and the game LIVE.

We could have a possible 2018 Stanley Cup Finalists double-header on NBCSN - one that we are not getting on opening night - as Pittsburgh hosts Washington earlier in the evening. (Washington hosts Boston on the opening night of the season.)

We will find out later this afternoon if Vegas hosts their second home game of the season that weekend either on Saturday, October 6 or Sunday, October 7 thus giving you another chance to see Vegas play LIVE!

DgJaY65V4AA7Rv4.jpg:small

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres announce 2018 preseason broadcast schedule

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the broadcast schedule for the team's 2018 preseason games. All six preseason games will be broadcast live on WGR 550 and the Sept. 18 game against the Pittsburgh Penguins will be broadcast live on television with Rick Jeanneret providing play-by-play on MSG.

In addition, the Sept. 21 and 22 games against the Toronto Maple Leafs will be shown on MSG using a simulcast of the Sportsnet feed.

A full broadcast schedule for the team's preseason can be found below:

DateTimeOpponentTVRadio
Sept. 177 p.m.at ColumbusWGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)
Sept. 187 p.m.PittsburghMSGWGR 550 (Rick Jeanneret and Rob Ray)
Sept. 217:30 p.m.at TorontoMSGWGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)
Sept. 227 p.m.TorontoMSGWGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)
Sept. 257 p.m.Columbus*NBCSNWGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)
Sept. 267 p.m.at PittsburghWGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)
Sept. 287 p.m.at NY Islanders**WGR 550 (Dan Dunleavy and Rob Ray)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

* Game at Clinton Arena, Clinton, New York
** Game at Tribute Communities Centre, Oshawa, Ontario

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad