Sabres refuse to pull goalie.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
i think its weird to pull your goalie when you're down 3. its really weird to pull your goalie with 5 minutes left.

nah bro, its rude. there is literally a sticky about it. lol
I mean I read that sticky, essentially it amounts to "only mods get to decide what is threadworthy"

If I think a thread isn't topic worthy, I am going to point that out. This is a hockey forum where we discuss hockey. I won't step on my tippy-toes to avoid upsetting people. You have to seriously read malice into my post to interpret it as rude.

Reactions: Another AZ

Cuphead

Jul 16, 2010
I mean I read that sticky, essentially it amounts to "only mods get to decide what is threadworthy"

If I think a thread isn't topic worthy, I am going to point that out. This is a hockey forum where we discuss hockey. I won't step on my tippy-toes to avoid upsetting people. You have to seriously read malice into my post to interpret it as rude.

okay.

but "essentially" it literally says: "If you bitch about a thread's existence in the thread, you'll get an infraction."

im not trying to argue. critique what you want, live your life. i just thought it was funny.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Are we running out of bandwidth? Get over yourself.

I’ve watched hockey a long time and I’ve never seen a coach basically say he doesn’t believe his skaters can get back into it. One game may just be circumstance and possession, but twice in two nights is a message.

You'd possibly have a point if they had actually scored a goal in the first 55 minutes of the game...or you know the last 115 minutes of hockey against that team since they didn't score the night before either.

The message is, the b2b is over, take your days off and figure it out. A team that hasn't scored in nearly 6 full periods isn't suddenly going to hit the gas for 3 goals in 5 minutes. Big nothing burger.

I find it more odd that you've watched hockey for a long time and this is new to you...

Reactions: Makar Goes Fast

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Are we running out of bandwidth? Get over yourself.

I’ve watched hockey a long time and I’ve never seen a coach basically say he doesn’t believe his skaters can get back into it. One game may just be circumstance and possession, but twice in two nights is a message.

you have watched hockey a long time and are confused of a team not pulling a goalie down 3-0???

really?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
christian-bale-wtf.gif
Hey if Ken from SinBin were our coach (thank god he's not) the goalie would have been pulled at the 10 minute mark. :laugh:

Reactions: CupInSIX

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

So you read the stickied post where I explained exactly what would happen if you bitched about a thread's existence, and you said to yourself: "You know what? f***ing yolo, man."

The thread became about ten times dumber once you derailed it.

You get what you get, and you don't get upset.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Honest question, when is the last time that goal differential determined whether a team made the playoffs? I can't remember that tie breaker being used recently, but maybe it slipped by me.
I don't know if it ever has, and the odds are very small that it ever does. But teams don't want to damage their own goal difference regardless, nor do they want to hand points to the players on the other team.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I don't know if it ever has, and the odds are very small that it ever does. But teams don't want to damage their own goal difference regardless, nor do they want to hand points to the players on the other team.

I feel like the concern should be trying to get standings points rather than not allowing the opposition to get a couple extra counting points.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
In a normal, non-elimination type game, 2 seems to be about where the line is. Three is not very common and higher makes no sense because you're already getting blown out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad