Speculation: Sabre's record by New Years

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
Looking at the schedule I am curious what you guys think our record will be by New Years? October and November looks like there are many winnable games, while December looks rough. I have them at 20/14/6 46pts with 7 loses and 2 ot loses coming in December. What do you guys think?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
placeholder, will check out the schedule when I get out of work and give my estimate

BeTheBallDanny

Oct 30, 2013
Im guessing we go just under .500 the first half of the year and begin to improve second half. Good for 10th/11th place in the east but a promising second half leads to the hope of us finally turning the corner

JRiz13

Apr 29, 2013
ATL
I am going to bury my optimistic nature and go with 15-21-4. As I typed that out it almost still feels too optimistic.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
With Dahlin, Eichel, Mitts and Reinhart having injuries and joining Bogo, Larsson, and Shery on the injury list ...

I’ll say we are hovering around 30 points by 1/1/19

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Based on the roster as it stands today and assuming not too many injuries:

There are a lot of heavy, possession, two-way teams we play in the first half. I don't like our chances.

11-24-5

Edit:
Assuming no serious injuries after the new year I can see them:

I have them going 16-19-7 after the new year.

So through the year a 66 point campaign.

Last edited:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
This is where I have us by New Year's:

October - 9-3
November - 9-6
December - 5-8

Total - 23-17 - 46 points

I'm not going to try to forecast OT losses and shootouts, but right around 46 points and well in the hunt is where I see us going into 2019.

Reactions: yzerman and Dingo44

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
We play the Rangers, Senators, Yotes and Sharks twice and the Canadians 3 times. I think we are a better team than all of those except the Sharks, but the trainers put shark repellent on the jerseys or something because they have a rough time with us even when we tried to lose.
We play Vegas twice and I think we can get 3 points out of them, call it a losing the cup hangover early in the season.
Vancouver, Calgary, and the Islanders are beatable.
Florida we play twice and I think they are the team we should be aiming to be, last years record wise, hopefully we split with them.
We could see a 5 game win streak in early November and surprise Tampa.
I know being an optimistic is not normal on this board for close to a decade, but I like were the team is headed.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Adding Hutton and Ullmark full time should be worth at least three more games than last year.

Reinhart coming out playing the same way as he ended up last year is good for a game or two.

Adding Skinner and Sheary gives us a few goals that turn a couple of one goal losses into one goal wins.

Dahlin is worth two wins.

Eichel in year 4 and with his $10 million dollar contact and hopefully a C on his chest is worth a couple.

Second season under Housley's system where the team has bought in is worth a couple.

Not playing Pouliot/Nolan/Griffith is worth at least one.

We're at at least .500 if not more. I truly think the Sabres are due for things to click and for them to start to believe in themselves.

Then the second half of next year is where they really come together and start to be the team we have wanted them to be.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Pessimism?

I am predicting that they are a lot better over the first half of this season versus last season, no?

The two aren't mutually exclusive. I don't think "pessimism" is quit the right word here though. Maybe conservatism suits it better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad