Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Congratulations on the re-signing.
0D25DF54-64A2-486E-8996-EF88FA3C1408.gif

Really like this young defender’s potential and agree with you that this is a great bridge deal. Looking forward to seeing him bloom under Granato’s tenure.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
........ but I’d like to be decently excited about the potential for something fun next season.

I think that the final 25 or so games of the Sabres' season last year gives me (and hopefully others) plenty to be excited about. I thought Granato did a great job of getting the team he had, with all its limitations and challenges, playing fun and exciting hockey. I actually watched entire games on TV instead of just fast forwarding through the games. They brought the fun back.

So, going into this season, I am hopeful that this will continue. I know that there will be rough spots and sputters - individually and collectively. But I got the sense that this new core has embraced the coach's philosophy and the opportunity that is presented for it to be their team and for them to grow into their roles. I know there will be more losses than wins, but as long as I continue to effort and improvement I'll be happy knowing that we've turned the corner.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Great contract. I have always been a Joker fan. He was a first round draft pick the 2017 draft (same as Mitts) and when he got here in the swap for Nylander he looked outstanding for about 20-30 games, until Krueger beat it out of him. After that he only looked serviceable until Granato took over and he came to life again. I think he is the most well rounded top 4 candidate we have right now. Another two years and you will know if you can sign him to longterm deal and have 1 of your top 4 locked up long term. The right plan is set in motion at the right term and price. Nice to see what APPEARS to be some competence back in the Sabres GM chair.

Reactions: dasaybz

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

Congratulations on the re-signing.
View attachment 463455

Really like this young defender’s potential and agree with you that this is a great bridge deal. Looking forward to seeing him bloom under Granato’s tenure.

If he can turn into a solid second pairing, I think our top 4 are set for the next decade or so. Nylander was never going to amount to anything here, so it's basically a free top-4 D that can turn into a big minute eater.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
When Joker got his head scrambled last year he came back with at tinted visor, which is an indication of light sensitivity related to concussion.

I didn't notice myself, but listening to KB's podcast today, it was mentioned he is no longer wearing that tinted visor.

Reactions: joshjull

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
When Joker got his head scrambled last year he came back with at tinted visor, which is an indication of light sensitivity related to concussion.

I didn't notice myself, but listening to KB's podcast today, it was mentioned he is no longer wearing that tinted visor.

I always wondered about the tinted visor, and was hoping that it was not related to concussions. Good that he is hopefully having fewer symptoms.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad