• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Brendan “Nicklas Lidstrom” Smith
I've been pro Smitty all along. Even though the NHL 2021 version seems to be much quicker than Smitty can deal with, he continues excel with the intangibles of the game. He's a hard nosed tough ass player for the opposition. Keep your head up, or else. These goals he has been collecting always seem to come at a time where the rest of the team is playing like crap. It's no mystery to me as to why he is very well liked in the room.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d go Shesterkin at home and actually Georgiev in game 2 in the coliseum just feel like he plays well against the isles on the road

by the way just talking about this on Twitter.

Rangers are going to have:

a top 5 goal differential
A top 10 PP
A top 10 PK
A Norris Candidate
And most likely a 600 plus winning %

annnnnd not make the playoffs. Is that even humanly possible?!?!

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I’d go Shesterkin at home and actually Georgiev in game 2 in the coliseum just feel like he plays well against the isles on the road

A top 10 PP
A top 10 PK
A Norris Candidate

Aaaaaaand a good portion of the fan base HATES the coach to an absurdly extreme level.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I remember the last time we swept a series against a garbage team, got ourselves into the playoff conversation and "only" had to beat the Isles the next game...

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

A top 10 PP
A top 10 PK
A Norris Candidate

A brutal division will do that to you. Rangers would be a playoff team in any other division.

C'est la vie.

Reactions: Miamipuck

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
A brutal division will do that to you. Rangers would be a playoff team in any other division.

C'est la vie.
We knew this from the beginning of the year. This shouldn't be a surprise. We started the year as the youngest team. To be where they are with all that happened, I think overall it was a successful year. With a full summer, another good draft and a full preseason I expect more next year. Our time is close.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Because clearly the team is talented enough to make the playoffs but won't. Being pro-Quinn is akin to believing the earth is flat at this point.
Talent that needed to develop. It takes time. Impatient fans whose expectations were too high then take it out on players and/or coaches because their expectations were wrong.

No one in the hockey world expected the Rangers to make the playoffs in that division. Most had them trying to outperform NJ and Buffalo.

Yet if not for Mika's Covid related slow start or Panarin's impossible to predict issues they might have made it.

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020

C'est la vie.

Its going to be a brutal division next year too. You swap out Boston with the first place Hurricanes and the awful Sabres with the not as bad Blue Jackets. Only saving grace is next year 5 teams from our division will be eligible to qualify, but it still won't leave much room for error.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Go with your number 1 goalie who's playing well. If he's 'eh' in game 1 then you start Georgiev in game 2.

Gotta win the board battles tomorrow, last game against the Islanders we were putrid in all zones along the boards. Let's get some nice 2.5 min shifts in their end, just keep Quinn's big obnoxious brain, and the 4th line, away from that. "They won't see THIS coming!" lol- if the 4th line managed to score after Kakko and Fox setting the table so nicely, he could take 'credit' for the smart move. If Panarin's line came out and scored, well duuuuhhhhhh even I could have done that. So obnoxious.

i agree with the goalie take- you play your best player. For me, that is Shesty- he has the controls now as he should- he should be the one to handle the pressure and the big game.

i am pretty nervous about this game- the Isles are built for the playoffs. We are built for.... well development. A few close games against two of the worst teams in hockey are great confidence boosters- i just hope the Isles dont come in and bring us back to reality again.

Reactions: egelband and romba

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Talent that needed to develop. It takes time. Impatient fans whose expectations were too high then take it out on players and/or coaches because their expectations were wrong.

No one in the hockey world expected the Rangers to make the playoffs in that division. Most had them trying to outperform NJ and Buffalo.

Yet if not for Mika's Covid related slow start or Panarin's impossible to predict issues they might have made it.

When you have two top 20 players in Mika and Panarin, one being a top 5 player, and a top 10 goalie plus a young up and comer like Fox the team should have been in position to make the playoffs. Meanwhile the young up and comer became a dominant #1 D and there really is no excuses. No Rangers coach since the lockout has done less with more.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
They are not going to have 4 and a half months off once the regular season ends and then play in the postseason. The time off benefits them the most since they play a style that wears you down over time. The Islanders are not in the ECF if that season continues without a pause and return to play.

I just don't understand how you can know what you assert, but we're all free to believe anything.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
To be fair, the usual suspects hate every coach. The only coaches they like are some of the ones not on the Rangers.

They will hate those coaches if they get hired here, though.
I just don't know how you can make this assertion.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I just don't know how you can make this assertion.

They've hated every coach before. Why will that change?

Not every fan will, of course, but no matter who coaches next, a sizeable part of the people here will eventually turn on him.

Look at the other boards, here. A lot of folks at most of the team pages are disappointed with their coach. It's a constant.

When Quinn is gone, some will immediately moan that it's the wrong guy replacing him. Then, they'll stubbornly stay locked into that belief, no matter what happens.

Every fanbase, in every sport, eventually turns on the coach, with very few exceptions.

Reactions: egelband

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
steve-somers.jpg

Here is the source material for the expression, "He's got a face for radio"

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Its going to be a brutal division next year too. You swap out Boston with the first place Hurricanes and the awful Sabres with the not as bad Blue Jackets. Only saving grace is next year 5 teams from our division will be eligible to qualify, but it still won't leave much room for error.
It this official. Cause I read recently they are still mulling their options for the layout next year.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
If it was me, I'd go with Georgie Thursday. But I doubt that will happen. Shesty didn't look all that good against them last time. And besides, the Rangers seem to play well in front of Georgie, when we face the Isles. This is a game we must have. Give Georgie a shot. It takes two goalies for any team to be successful, and he is playing extremely well of late. He's had his 4 days of rest, where his stats are extremely positive.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

A top 10 PP
A top 10 PK
A Norris Candidate

Is there a split for Georgiev performance against Isles at home vs road? Other factors to compare being overall home / road performance split for each goalie. Also with just a day of rest from yesterday’s game I’d also go with Georgiev tomorrow. Shesterkin seems to do a little better after just a bit longer rest / time to practice.

I’m leaning toward Georgiev at home and Shesterkin to close on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad