Sabres Prospects in WJC...

• Thread starter Deleted member 27798
  • Start date

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Sweden gets shut out 2-0 by Switzerland. Finland was losing 1-0 to Canada for 59 minutes+ and ends up winning because of a fluke goal. First two shots for Finland go in the net and 3 on like 5 shots. This is why I hate single elimination in WJC/Olympics...unfortunately cant really change that.
While I generally agree with your point Finland deserved to win that game, they largely outplayed Canada. Had Canada won I'd be more inclined to be upset about the end result.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My bad... just pointing out that he’s a defensive guy first and foremost. Plays a quiet game that most people may miss, but just positionally sound and very much in control all of the time.

Agreed. He only made two mistakes in the game IMO which is pretty impressive given his assignments.

Reactions: coastal

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
We are all hoping for a gem, but one point in six games and 30+ other Dman ahead of him in the tourney scoring so lets hold our horses a little bit as well.

What does points have to do with anything I said? If you want to talk about points, look at his stats in the top league in Finland? I didn’t know he had to be on the scoresheet to be an effective player....

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I haven't liked Samuelsson from what I've seen, so far Laaksonen has looked better.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Despite the assist, it has been a terrible game for Laaksonen so far (after ~2 periods). Lots of totally botched pass attempts (looks like there's some miscommunication). Luukkonen has been a total god though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Despite the assist, it has been a terrible game for Laaksonen so far (after ~2 periods). Lots of totally botched pass attempts (looks like there's some miscommunication). Luukkonen has been a total god though.

I didn't care for his missed clear on one of the 1st period US PP's.

Elsewhere, Samuelsson just blocked a slapper with his stomach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad