GDT: Sabres @ Penguins 9/28/2019 4:00pm

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Really nice win considering the rosters.

This team looks so much more engaged. They understand what they need to do at both ends of the ice.

I think Gilmour has to start in Buffalo, he has earned it.
Really liked Tage's game again
That is the Ullmark we need to see for this team to compete all season
Miller was a great pickup.
Zemgus had a good game
Okposo is just a step behind. They need to find a solution with him, most likely the Amerks
ERod was putrid tonight. He did himself no favours.
Nice for Mitts. He created a lot tonight but wasn't rewarded. Hopefully that gets him going.
I also thought Vesey had some good moments again today.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
So I really enjoyed Asplund today, kid is a gamer, smart all around player.He should make team but won't because of the dead weight still here.I would really like to hear from you guys who you would take if you had to pick one..Okposo , Sobotka or Sheary? I would also like to know reason as well.For me and it pains me to say it but I would take Sobotka because he can play C or wing and kill penalties.For the record do not like any of them lol
I want to see Asplund in Rochester where he can develop his offense. He could probably play in the NHL now in a checking role but I think that would stunt his development. He's only had one season in the AHL. He put up modest numbers (10G, 31A), but was steadily improving. You don't draft a player 33rd overall unless you think he has serious upside. Give him more time in the AHL and you could be looking at a top 6 forward when he's recalled.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Speaking of premature judgments, so far it's looking like the horrendous coaching the last four years really might have been the main problem all along...

Reactions: IlikeEich

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I would like the to go to the net more, but tonight's roster gets a slight pass. Last game it was less excusable.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

This team looks so much more engaged. They understand what they need to do at both ends of the ice.

Zemgus had a good game
Okposo is just a step behind. They need to find a solution with him, most likely the Amerks
Nice for Mitts. He created a lot tonight but wasn't rewarded. Hopefully that gets him going.
Miller was fantastic. There was a few shifts in the 3rd where he was out with Dahlin and he was really directing Dahlin. Great to see.

Reactions: Rasmi

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington

Zemgus had a good game
Agree with all. ERod might have played himself off the lineup this camp.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Liked Gilmour and Giraffe and Ullmark.

Ralph looked like he was sending the guys out that weren't going to be on the team out first for shootout. Hope that is right for Okposo and wrong for Gilmour.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I want to see Asplund in Rochester where he can develop his offense. He could probably play in the NHL now in a checking role but I think that would stunt his development. He's only had one season in the AHL. He put up modest numbers (10G, 31A), but was steadily improving. You don't draft a player 33rd overall unless you think he has serious upside. Give him more time in the AHL and you could be looking at a top 6 forward when he's recalled.
Yeah, he often played as a defensive matchup forward in the SHL as well. He should be given loads of pp time and creative linemates.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Bummed to have missed this one, ah well- how'd my boy Lazar look? I just see he picked up an assist.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Speaking of premature judgments, so far it's looking like the horrendous coaching the last four years really might have been the main problem all along...

Mane I been saying.. we still ain't no sure thang, but Housley made the worst of an eh squad. Just lookin at our lineup and how guys have looked in preseason though.. I like our odds. I'm also so fully on the Krueger bandwagon it's not funny. With Housley I was hopeful, but we knew it was a gamble from day 1. Krueger got some bad breaks, but I've heard nothing but love for him from players and while I think his personable nature plays into that I also think he should prove to be a very modern, cerebral coach. I see Thompson looked good- just getting minor improvement from some of our young'uns makes us worlds better, and when it's the majority of the squad lookin better I tend to think coaching is somewhat of a factor.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Watching highlights- man, Tage jumps off the screen. Night and day compared to last year, hoping he's for real.
Watch the game and he was rather pedestrian after the first. I wish that wasn't a thing with him but he tails off.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad