Prospect Info: Sabres Out Of 2015 Traverse City Prospects Tournament

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Mike Morreale @mikemorrealeNHL -

The @NHLBlackhawks will replace the @BuffaloSabres at the 8-team 2015 Traverse City Prospects Tournament September 11-September 15.

Detroit, Michigan - Detroit Red Wings Executive Vice President and General Manager Ken Holland today announced that the Red Wings will host their annual NHL Prospect Tournament at Centre ICE Arena in Traverse City, Michigan from September 11-September 15, 2015.

The Chicago Blackhawks have been added to the eight-team tournament this fall - joining the Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers, St. Louis Blues and the host Detroit Red Wings.

Rest Of The Article - http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=758651

LaxSabre - Sabres host their own tournament at the HarborCenter?

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Tim Murray said a few days ago that he hopes Possler will be at the rookie tournament. I would assume they are hosting one or going in the London one.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Would also affect the Leafs' annual prospect tourney in London, as the Hawks participated in that (as did the Pens and Sens) last year.

Sabres in the Hawks' place with the tourney moved to HarborCenter, anyone? :naughty:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Surprising news.

But I think it is good news because I really think it points to the HarborCenter hosting a prospects tournament this fall. I didn't think it would happen this quick.

Could a tournament include college teams? Let's say: Niagara, Penn State or RIT, Canisius and Sabres prospects?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Selfish me would like to see a four team round robin between us, Calgary, Arizona, and maybe Anaheim or NYI or someone else rated highly after this upcoming draft

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Our team won't be good, Brycen Martin will be one of our best if not our best D.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Surprising news.

But I think it is good news because I really think it points to the HarborCenter hosting a prospects tournament this fall. I didn't think it would happen this quick.

Could a tournament include college teams? Let's say: Niagara, Penn State or RIT, Canisius and Sabres prospects?

College teams are not allowed to play against teams that have "pro" contracts.

That is why you never see them play CHL teams, they are considered pro.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Who is left regionally to play with us in a harbor center prospect tournament?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Islanders, Devils, Flyers, Caps? Don't quote me...

Invite three of those four - have a round robin tourney - first two games for each team on Wednesday night/Thursday night.
No games played on Friday night. Third game for each team will be Saturday afternoon/evening - team with best record - wins it.
Or finish it off on Sunday afternoon with the third place/championship games being played then.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Invite three of those four - have a round robin tourney - first two games for each team on Wednesday night/Thursday night.
No games played on Friday night. Third game for each team will be Saturday afternoon/evening - team with best record - wins it.
Or finish it off on Sunday afternoon with the third place/championship games being played then.

I SAID DON'T QUOTE ME! :laugh:

But I like your idea. We could also invite up the two Florida teams and make it a larger best of 6 tournament. They may make it more interesting, given their recent rebuilds.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Surprised there was nothing from Sabres. I would assume they have something in mind and would have expected that the new plan would be set out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad