Value of: Sabres need an NHL-calibre goalie

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I really wonder about the goalie posts here.
Every time someone offers a goalie the answers are, Goalies are cheap, you can find elite goalies for 7th rounders or you draft 5 of them each year.

But still during the season half of the teams are desperate for goalies...... weird

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Bernier should be available for a very reasonable price as a rental

I don't think Detroit would move him for cheap rn. They still want to try and be competitive and have nobody competent to replace him as a 1B. Perhaps at the deadline but could be too late for Buffalo by then

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Again it's literally in the OP, read the last sentence:

The Sabres are willing to trade draft picks (up to top-15 protected first, or multiple seconds), but not core roster players, so we aren't looking for superstar-calibre goalies, just goalies who are around the NHL average.

See my earlier post.
Georgiev is above average, can handle ample mins, is reasonable $ + term, and ask is
Geo + Buf 3rd + Sens 4th, both 2021
for
two 2nds, one 2021, the other 2022, and an acceptable prospect

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Awesome. There's the question of whether Hutton can be traded since he's currently injured, but I'd like to hear the opinions of a few more Arizona and Sabres fans to see if this is a good basis for a trade.

If we get a consensus, maybe some folks from the Sabres and Coyotes can get the ball rolling :sarcasm:

I love when fans of opposing teams come to agreement on the terms of a mutual hypothetical trade.

That’s usually when it really dawns on everyone that this is all an embarrassing practice in futility.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Wild need NHL caliber Center:

Talbot for Cozens

Apparently the Wild also need reading comprehension:

The Sabres are willing to trade draft picks (up to top-15 protected first, or multiple seconds), but not core roster players, so we aren't looking for superstar-calibre goalies, just goalies who are around the NHL average.

also, lmfao no

See my earlier post.
Georgiev is above average, can handle ample mins, is reasonable $ + term, and ask is
Geo + Buf 3rd + Sens 4th, both 2021
for
two 2nds, one 2021, the other 2022, and an acceptable prospect

On its face, this looks fair value-wise, but I think Raanta would be the preferred choice (despite his injury history, age, higher salary, and UFA status) due to his longer track record of maintaining very good performance as an NHL goalie. Georgiev is much, much younger and will provide much more team control, so that's built into his value, but I feel like he's much more of an unknown given his AHL performance and borderline below average NHL performance. Again, I think the value you offered is fair

Reactions: bernmeister

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
not close
So what exactly are you expecting? Rittich for a 2nd is probably about as good of an option as there would be for the Sabres. I don't think the Jets are trading you Hellebuck for assets that don't include a 1st or core roster pieces.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I don't think Detroit would move him for cheap rn. They still want to try and be competitive and have nobody competent to replace him as a 1B. Perhaps at the deadline but could be too late for Buffalo by then
Agreed that the timing is wrong for Detroit, barring overpayment

It would seem logical for Yzerman to give this roster more of a "shot" before selling off the expiring contracts, would probably be bad on team morale to start selling at 2-2 after 1 week of play

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Apparently the Wild also need reading comprehension:

thought the joke was obvi

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Free UPL or buy some goalie like Fleury. Who else is even on the market that's "NHL calibre goalie"?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
A bad year to be shopping for a starter.
Check with Seattle after the expansion draft.
The problem is Sabres management can't afford to wait another year as rumblings of Eichel and Risto behind closed doors are sick of the losing. If true, who can blame them. The Pegulas need to get this squared away. If there is a starting goalie to be had, Buffalo needs to make the deal, like yesterday, imo.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Apparently the Wild also need reading comprehension: ...also, lmfao no....
lol
concur but this HAD to be a joke

On its face, this looks fair value-wise, but I think Raanta would be the preferred choice (despite his injury history, age, higher salary, and UFA status) due to his longer track record of maintaining very good performance as an NHL goalie. Georgiev is much, much younger and will provide much more team control, so that's built into his value, but I feel like he's much more of an unknown given his AHL performance and borderline below average NHL performance. Again, I think the value you offered is fair

go w the better value deal, viz how much does Raanta cost?

----------
IF Rangers did a package sending
Deangelo + Geo +
for
MAF at half + + signif futures

would you have interest in MAF?
at half x 2
or possibly retained again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad