Speculation: Sabres may look to acquire goalie via trade or waivers

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
With Stalock on waivers this morning, I've got to imagine the Sabres take a chance on him.

Sabres should absolutely pick him up:

Alex Stalock Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

$785,000 cap hit signed through 2022: Alex Stalock - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Russo (MN reporter) also speculating the Sabres should pick him up since there's obvious need, but it's ridiculous that I need to hope that the Sabres make a common sense decision here

This is as ideal a waiver wire pickup as the Sabres could hope for

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
As a Wild fan, if the Sabres are looking at Stalock as an upgrade, I would definitely look at moving for an actual NHL goaltender.

Didn’t know things were this dire in Buffalo.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
As a Wild fan, if the Sabres are looking at Stalock as an upgrade, I would definitely look at moving for an actual NHL goaltender.

My understanding is that Hutton is pretty much cooked, in which case they could use an upgrade at backup anyway

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Have you watched Carter Hutton play? Also, Linus Ulmark is expected to miss at least a month due to a hamstring injury

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Ullmark is gone for a month. We have a goalie in Hutton who couldn’t see last year and the team has no confidence when he’s in net. And a 25 year old rookie with like 5 games on NHL experience, and most of those were mop up duty.

It’s so bad we joke about trying to convince John Blue to come out of retirement

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
If I were Price, no. Seattle, Vancouver or Calgary to be closer to my parents so they could watch me more.

That or one of the California teams.
Thats what i was thinking. Seattle is the best option. Wife and kids live in washington. His other family is in anaheim lake bc.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Just take Stalock, he’s at least passable and cheap and has been fine taking on the backup role when people are healthy. Great locker room guy and has gone on some runs of good play less than a season ago. He is still worse than Talbot and KK so this Wild fan wants him gone to completely take the option of him playing over KK away.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Just take Stalock, he’s at least passable and cheap and has been fine taking on the backup role when people are healthy. Great locker room guy and has gone on some runs of good play less than a season ago. He is still worse than Talbot and KK so this Wild fan wants him gone to completely take the option of him playing over KK away.

We’ll take Kahponen then! ;)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Holtby for a equal value dump ($4.3 million) and a 2nd. Plus you get him for next year too

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
This is pretty much my take as well. Seems like a good guy and great teammate, but I have no desire to ever see him play another game for the Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->