Speculation: Sabres may look to acquire goalie via trade or waivers

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
how is Johansson??? does he have potential to be a future good NHL goalie??? don't know much about the guy but you never know what could happen if he gets a start and catches fire... I recall years back some people being quite high on him

edit-geeze I didn't realize he is 25 years old already... time is flying by too fast my god

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Hutchinson hasn’t looked out of place and could be had for next to nothing when Andersen and Campbell return from their respective injuries. He’s more of a stop gap and not a long term solution of course.

Other than that, there’s the usual suspect in
Kuemper who’s supposedly on the market and is a more definite upgrade.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Sabres should just unload expiring contracts for assets and tank again. Last place team. Could get something nice for hall.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Jones for Skinner either retained to be equal cap hits for both teams or a 2nd/3rd+prospect for the added hit going to the Sharks

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
scott wedgewood for s 4th. Hes a decent plug to fill the hole for barely anything

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hes an upgrade on the nothing that Skinner brings.

Skinner doesn't bring nothing. Far from it. He started off the season in Kruger's doghouse for god only knows what reason, but he played on the 4th line, nonetheless generated a number of quality chances, and was not a defensive liability; he just had no puck luck. Then Kruger scratched him for, again, god only knows what reason, and here we are.

Reactions: Stubu

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
(as a base) Spit-balling here...

Mantha @50% to MTL + BUF 2nd
Eichel to DET
DET's '21 1st (1OA protected) + Rasmussen + MTL 1st + Caufield + Price @50% to BUF +
Seems way too complicated and messy. Why wouldn't buffalo just deal directly with Montreal?

Reactions: Gravity

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The KHL season ends today, correct? Could teams potentially bring in KHL starters from non-playoff teams for the remainder, after quarantine? I know the passport situation can be weird, but for some teams like Buffalo, a month from now, it might still be worth the hassle to have another goalie in the rotation.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
They need a stopgap goalie for 4 weeks, but sure, let’s trade our superstar center for a collection of spare parts and an albatross goalie contract.
Isn't Caufield touted to be a Top6 scorer? A lottery pick (DET) is a spare part? A mid-ish 1st (MTL) isn't useful to a rebuilding team with a very disgruntled Eichel? Price may rebound a bit with a change of scenery, away from the crazy mob of reporters in MTL & the pressure. @50%, you could do a lot worse than Price too. Lastly, Rasmussen, a 6'6" 220+ lbs. beast is still young, good net-front guy, plays C/W, will be an asset in Top9, where his impact will be felt more on ice, than scoresheets necessarily.

Again, I was spit-balling, but if BUF wants Bernier, he may be available, Top7 in SV% 5on5, he's been lights out for DET since mid19/20 season. I wouldn't mind if we traded him for a late 2nd & resigned him in UFA 1-2yrs. He is a gamer.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Skinner doesn't bring nothing. Far from it. He started off the season in Kruger's doghouse for god only knows what reason, but he played on the 4th line, nonetheless generated a number of quality chances, and was not a defensive liability; he just had no puck luck. Then Kruger scratched him for, again, god only knows what reason, and here we are.

A young, 9 million dollar player shouldn't be on the 4th line. If he's not on the 1st line/1st PP unit while being productive then he's hurting the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad