Confirmed with Link: Sabres Looking to Host 2018 World Junior Championship

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
They should be able to host all of it right at FNC and the Harborcenter. Last time Niagara's Dwyer was the secondary rink. That would be pretty cool to be able to walk back and forth from two different games.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Isn't this kind of old news though? Buffalo was confirmed as a candidate for the 2018 WJC at the last "major announcement" presser -- sled and women's world championships -- in the spring and probably even before that. The Ogrean quotes in that article sure look like ones from that presser IIRC.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Isn't this kind of old news though? Buffalo was confirmed as a candidate for the 2018 WJC at the last "major announcement" presser -- sled and women's world championships -- in the spring and probably even before that. The Ogrean quotes in that article sure look like ones from that presser IIRC.

It is old news, but this reminds me of something Ted Black said at the combine presser. He was talking about how they're looking at bringing in a multitude of events but aren't taking just anything, and mentioned an event as an example of what they'd declined. Anyone remember what it was? I remember it was something I found disappointing that they scoffed at it. I think he mentioned both a women's event, which I'm indifferent towards, and a men's event. U-16's perhaps? I thought it might've been the U-18's despite earlier confirmation that they were in consideration, as you mentioned. It was probably the U-16's I reckon.

Anyhow, imagine if Buffalo could swing a combine, draft, all-star game, U-18, and U-20 all within a 5 year period. I don't think it's all that unrealistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad