Bleed orange

Mar 28, 2013
ROR-Eichel-Moulson
Kane-Reinhart-Ennis
Foligno-Girgensons-Gionta
Larsson-Legwand-McGinn

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Eichel should be penciled in as the #2. ROR is the perfect guy to draw top line competition and let Eichel acclimate to the pro game.

Kane ROR Girgensons
Ennis Eichel Moulson
McGuinn Reinhart Gionta
Foligno Legwand Deslouries

That also gives Reinhart a great opportunity to play sheltered minutes but still get some decent linemates.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
It'll probably be more of a 1A/1B situation with ROR used to try to make life easier on Eichel. Biggest question is whether or not Reinhart gets time in the top 6 at all right away.

Kane-Eichel-Ennis
Moulson/Reinhart-O'Reilly-Girgensens

Is what I'd go with. Eichel and ROR could very well end up swapping positions though.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Eichel should be penciled in as the #2. ROR is the perfect guy to draw top line competition and let Eichel acclimate to the pro game.

Kane ROR Girgensons
Ennis Eichel Moulson
McGuinn Reinhart Gionta
Foligno Legwand Deslouries

That also gives Reinhart a great opportunity to play sheltered minutes but still get some decent linemates.

Generally this, but some moves on wing could be made, depending on how things go. For example, if Kane can build chemistry with Eichel, I'd put them on the same line to help them become more of a duo for the future. Maybe move Moulson up with ROR if that's the case?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think the long-term goal should be:

Kane-Eichel
O'Reilly-Reinhart

Have a power-game duo and a two-way duo. It'll be interesting to see if they keep Girgensons at center or shift him to the wing.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Id go

Kane - Girgenson - Eichel
Ennis - ROR - Moulson
Gionta - Larsson - Reinhart

First line is a physical force with 3 big time athletes. Second line has goal scorers in Moulson and Ennis with two-way stud in ROR. Larsson and Reinhart bring some young legs and smart defensive players to 3rd line.

Tru

May 21, 2015
Colorado
Kane - RO'Reilly - Reinhart
Ennis - Eichel - Moulson
Girgs - Legwand - McGinn
Foligno - CO'Reilly - Gionta

Reinhart is one of the only RH shots on the roster. I'd move him to wing at O'Reilly's side which still gives him a chance to take some faceoffs on the off hand side.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If ROR isn't the de facto first line C next season, Bylsma should be fired immediately. He is a player who's tailor made for tough matchups, and the only other guy on their roster who is even in the same galaxy in terms of experience is Girgensons. Whether you've got Eichel, McDavid, Crosby, or Gretzky, you don't throw a brand new kid into the fire if you have any opportunity to avoid it, and the Sabres have plenty of opportunity to avoid it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Right now?

Kane-ROR-Ennis
Moulson-Eichel-Gionta
Girgensons-Reinhart-Larsson

Going forward?

Kane-Eichel-???
ROR-Reinhart-Ennis
Moulson-Girgensons-???

They'll need a top end RW to go along with that top 6, but it looks good regardless.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Bylsma has as much as said that ROR will be his #1 center to start the season.

What I'd like to see:

Kane-ROR-Reinhart
Ennis-Eichel-Moulson
McGinn-Girgensons-Gionta
Foligno-Legwand-Larsson

extras: Deslauriers, McCormick

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Bylsma has said pencil in ROR as number 1 center. Tim Murray said he got Kane to be a first ling winger. Bylsma also mentioned he didn't think Kane and Eichel would be together much as they both carry the puck a lot. Here's what I like, although Moulson probably starts the year at 2 line LW.

Evander Kane-ROR-Tyler Ennis This is almost in stone, IMO
Girgensons-Eichel-Reinhart (I think Reinhart moves to wing as does Girgs)
Moulson-Larsson-McGinn
Foligno-Legwand-Gionta
XDeslauriers first in

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I just want some exciting hockey again, Ill worry about a Cup once we are consistently competitive again.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Girgensons-O'Reilly-Eichel
Kane-Reinhart-Ennis
Moulson-Larsson-McGinn
Foligno-Legwand-Gionta
Deslauriers

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What I'd like to see from them

Kane - ROR - Eichel
Ennis - Girgs - Reinhart
McGinn - Larsson - Moulson
Foligno - Legwand - Gionta

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
O'Reilly was pretty good at wing but center is his bread and butter. It allows him to use the defensive part of his game better and that is a huge +.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'm sure they paid the price to get O'Reilly to play him at centre.

Ennis - O'Reilly - Reinhart
Kane - Eichel - Moulson
McGinn - Girgensons - Gionta
Foligno - Legwand - Larsson

Maybe? But who knows...

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Bylsma has said pencil in ROR as number 1 center. Tim Murray said he got Kane to be a first ling winger. Bylsma also mentioned he didn't think Kane and Eichel would be together much as they both carry the puck a lot. Here's what I like, although Moulson probably starts the year at 2 line LW.

Evander Kane-ROR-Tyler Ennis This is almost in stone, IMO
Girgensons-Eichel-Reinhart (I think Reinhart moves to wing as does Girgs)
Moulson-Larsson-McGinn
Foligno-Legwand-Gionta
XDeslauriers first in

This is right. I would flip McGinn and Gionta, and make the 3rd line the 2nd line. They are going to insulate the rookies and give them easier and fewer minutes, especially early on.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I'm sure they paid the price to get O'Reilly to play him at centre.

Ennis - O'Reilly - Reinhart
Kane - Eichel - Moulson
McGinn - Girgensons - Gionta
Foligno - Legwand - Larsson

Maybe? But who knows...

Bylsma mentioned that he doesn't envision Kane and Eichel on the same line because they both like to carry the puck a lot.

I think ROR and Kane together on the top line is a lock, and I also think Eichel centering the second line and shielded by at least one of the more veteran players (Moulson or Ennis) is also a lock.

The only question is who is the other top line winger. It could be Girgensons, Moulson, Ennis, or Reinhart. Personally I'd love to see Reinhart get a shot playing on the wing playing top-line minutes, while Girgensons can center a 3rd line / checking line that can be a great shutdown line and also provide good depth scoring.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Girgensons-Eichel-Reinhart
Moulson-Legwand-McGinn
Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->