Friedman: Sabres interested in Hagelin?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
More stuff to comment on would be better for the site I'd assume. More views and whatever

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
With guys like Friedman and McKenzie, speculation isn't always just speculation. Hagelin isn't going to cost a lot either, so I could see a few teams interested. Probably a late second round pick or equivalent prospect?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I could see them being a fit.

Gotta think though that with the relationship between Bots and JR that if he really wanted him, something could have been done before Hags-Pearson trade.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Great PK, great fore/back check, you are not getting anything else. A few years ago you would’ve had more. Right now you are simply adding a goal line to goal line special teams expert. But no PP, only PK.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Buffalo doesn't have any cheap assets left unless you're talking about Alex Nylander. Hagelin would be a nice add, but not sure how you get him.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Great PK, great fore/back check, you are not getting anything else. A few years ago you would’ve had more. Right now you are simply adding a goal line to goal line special teams expert. But no PP, only PK.
This. Can play the 3rd wheel on a 2nd or 3rd line, but really what you are getting is a fast forechecker/backchecker who PKs. Would take him back on the Pens 4th line next year for a 4th line comparable contract if no one else goes for him. We needed more offensive ability at the #2LW though, and Pearson provides that at least at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad