TBN: Sabres insist there's no change in Rasmus Ristolainen's status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Botterill says they're planning on Risto being at camp and a "lot of stories and stuff" come out of Finland in the offseason.

"We’re continuing to try to set this team up where we’re putting 'Risto' in positions to have success. Yeah, he wants to win. We also want to put him in a situation where he plays very well, and that’s what we’ve tried to do with some of the acquisitions, add depth to our defense, add competition to our defense."

Ralph Krueger says Risto was onboard when they spoke in May.
"I always value most the contacts. I've spoken to all the players and I had a very long call with 'Risto' early on in the middle of May. All the indications there was to be behind what we're doing here as a coaching staff and that's my mandate: Take the players under contract here right now and get the best of them. I'm excited to work with him."

Krueger says he saw Jeff Skinner and Casey Mittlestadt today (August 17, 2019). No details were provided.

We as coaches are excited to be coaching Rasmus right now.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Botts: "Our plan is to keep Risto,"

Us: "So, nobody is willing to cough up value for Risto since it only took Tage and Vlad to pry a signed ROR out of your organziation."

Botts: "Yup. Pretty much."

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Botts: "Our plan is to keep Risto,"

Us: "So, nobody is willing to cough up value for Risto since it only took Tage and Vlad to pry a signed ROR out of your organziation."

Botts: "Yup. Pretty much."

Seriously though, what does one have to do with the other? Trading O'Reilly for a bad return was a really bad mistake, and now you are mad Botts doesn't make the same mistake with Risto?

I am sorry if I am not understanding it just seems weird that a lot of people here are upset that we didn't trade Risto for scraps because we did trade ROR for scraps. I am happy he didn't make the same mistake twice.

Or are we saying nobody will ever offer us appropriate value because Botts made a bad trade once?

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Seriously though, what does one have to do with the other? Trading O'Reilly for a bad return was a really bad mistake, and now you are mad Botts doesn't make the same mistake with Risto?

I am sorry if I am not understanding it just seems weird that a lot of people here are upset that we didn't trade Risto for scraps because we did trade ROR for scraps. I am happy he didn't make the same mistake twice.

Or are we saying nobody will ever offer us appropriate value because Botts made a bad trade once?

ROR is a very good player and should not have been traded for petty reasons or whatever the hell management was thinking.

Ristolainen isn't a very good player and should've been traded a year or two ago when he had a lot more perceived value.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
ROR is a very good player and should not have been traded for petty reasons or whatever the hell management was thinking.

Ristolainen isn't a very good player and should've been traded a year or two ago when he had a lot more perceived value.

Fine but we have been rehashing how bad the ROR deal was for a year now, we all get it. But, it has literally nothing to do with Risto being traded or not traded now.

Reactions: Eichel9

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
AKA no deals right now so nothing to say other than he's on the team.

Seems like it. It’s not like there’s a lot of available cap space out there in the league generally speaking. That probably gums things up a bit beyond even valuation.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
The question shouldn't be about Ristolainen it's how do you plan on filling the giant whole in the roster created by trading O'Reilly. It's been 2 offseasons and still nothing close to a replacement on the roster.
It’s called Mittelstadt developing and taking that next step and looks like he gets much better wingers this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad