Sabres Head Coach Search 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
What's the beef with Martin? Is he a dinosaur? Hasn't been a head coach in 7 years but has stayed in the game as an assistant. If people want a hardass who can get this team to play with some structure, this would be one of the options.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What's the beef with Martin? Is he a dinosaur? Hasn't been a head coach in 7 years but has stayed in the game as an assistant. If people want a hardass who can get this team to play with some structure, this would be one of the options.

The beef is that he isn’t a coach without a blemish on his record who is guaranteed to show up here and lead the Sabres to multiple Stanley Cups.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I can't hate the hire if it happens. Its what I wanted. It's really exactly what Botts said he wanted.

Better be right or they're both gone next year.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Given how few accurate leaks have come out with Botterill in charge, these reports seem like throwing stuff against the wall.

Let me know when the white smoke comes out and a press conference is scheduled.
This one actually seems the most likely with the Pittsburgh connection.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Does Botts really have tunnel vision for people with connections to Pitt/Buffalo and their respective AHL teams or what.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Except the market wasn't slim this year, there were good options available. Botts just didn't get it done and now we pick at the remaining scraps.
I don't see much difference between Martin's resume and the coaches hired besides Quenneville.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Much of the Sabres fan base now suffers from The Stockholm Syndrome 'a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological bond with their captors as a survival strategy'. 'Jacques Martin? Great hire Botts! (please don't hurt me anymore)'

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Much of the Sabres fan base now suffers from The Stockholm Syndrome 'a condition which causes hostages to develop a psychological bond with their captors as a survival strategy'. 'Jacques Martin? Great hire Botts! (please don't hurt me anymore)'
Martin's resume is exactly what I have been asking the Sabres to hire. I'de be a hypocrite for being critical of the hire.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I'd be fine with Martin.
Excited? No, not even close. But fine? Yes.

The thought of someone like Richards though?

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Classic Dreger: " This guy MIGHT be a top candidate and that guy MIGHT be a top candidate."

Guys, I MIGHT be a top candidate, I can't confirm it because no one from the Sabres have contacted me to say I am BUT no one from the Sabres have contacted me to say I'm NOT a top candidate either.

And a GIANT no to Fraudcock. We already had Bylsma here, why do we want Bylsma with a way bigger ego. Tell his wife the shopping hasn't improved here in 4 years. He can stay and ruin the Leafs for 4 more years. They made their bed they can lie in it.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Except the market wasn't slim this year, there were good options available. Botts just didn't get it done and now we pick at the remaining scraps.

Hard to say without being in the room. Q to Florida was preordained, apparently. McLellan apparently wanted to stay out west. AV - who knows? I wasn’t crazy about the idea of hiring him.

I know it’s easy to rip on Botts, but it’s like signing a UFA player; you can’t force them to come to Buffalo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eichel9

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Hard to say without being in the room room. Q to Florida was preordained, apparently. McLellan apparently wanted to stay out west. AV - who knows? I wasn’t crazy about the idea of hiring him.

I know it’s easy to rip on Botts, but it’s like signing a UFA player; you can’t force them to come to Buffalo.

This talk about Buffaluck is meaningless, then. Doesn't matter what coaches might be available and when as the original post described if that's the case.

We don't know what happened with each coach this year, but there were good options available and Buffalo didn't get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->