Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
I should add, as I wrote the article and it was my source who told me, that Pilut is with the national team right now. They play games until sunday so pretty sure nothing will happen before monday and as usual no one will confirm it on record before the Sabres makes it official.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
As long as hes an upgrade over Antipin and Bealieu Im cool. Of course lets see if this is formalized first or just a rumour. When can we sign him if we are indeed?

Beaulieu sucked

Antipin had to adjust to NA hockey

big difference

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
According to sources, the Sabres have agreed on contract with defenseman Lawrence Pilut from HV71 in SHL.

Avslöjar: Här är NHL-klubben som värvar HV71:s poängkung

Edit: I may translate the article in a while, if I find the time.

I should add, as I wrote the article and it was my source who told me, that Pilut is with the national team right now. They play games until sunday so pretty sure nothing will happen before monday and as usual no one will confirm it on record before the Sabres makes it official.

So which to believe?
The Sabres have agreed to a contract with him.
It's down to three teams.
Nothing is agreed yet until it's official on Monday.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
So which to believe?
The Sabres have agreed to a contract with him.
It's down to three teams.
Nothing is agreed yet until it's official on Monday.
You can believe the article. It says that Pilut has an agreement with Buffalo and according to my source it's a done deal. The agent does not wanna confirm anything (as usual) and he says that it's down to three teams. My source says it's done and that it will be Buffalo for Pilut. The headline is: "Here is the NHL team that will sign HV71 top scorer"

Trust my source :D

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Hold your horses, his agent says it is down to three clubs, no decision yet.
Well that sucks! I was already working on my theme song for the kid:

Broken Wings - Mr. Mister
Top Gun Anthem - Harold Faltermeyer
Jet Airliner - Steve Miller Band
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
Flying - The Beatles

I guess I'll have to stop there. Now what will I do?

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
You can believe the article. It says that Pilut has an agreement with Buffalo and according to my source it's a done deal. The agent does not wanna confirm anything (as usual) and he says that it's down to three teams. My source says it's done and that it will be Buffalo for Pilut. The headline is: "Here is the NHL team that will sign HV71 top scorer"

Trust my source :D
Got it! Back to the drawing board!

January - Pilot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There seems to be some polarization of my thoughts. My response was to drafting small players, not this signing. By all means, bring in these little guys via FA out of europe and ncaa - that's fine. But draft the big/mobiles guys and not more of something you can get nearly developed.

Oh, I agree - big, skilled guys who move well should be the focus for drafting and development. And I agree that depth augmentation can and should happen when there are smaller guys with either really high upside or who have achieved after their draft eligibility.

:D

skipjack

May 1, 2016
Stockholm, SWE
This is really good news. Best SHL defenceman this year. Better than Dahlin. They may have different potential (even if nothing is for sure) but Pilut is the better D-man by now. And he is 22 years old.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
So much for the "the way they treated Antipin undermines them ever signing UFDA again" narrative.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
this is obvious evidence that the NHL has already awarded us the #1 overall pick... it couldn't be any more clear now

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I love this signing. Young LD who can skate and score.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
With the way Larsson and Lehner have been playing and the lottery upcoming as well, hopefully Josefsson out and Pilut in is only the kick-off to the "exchange your used Swede for a new one"-weeks.

Did they outsource player personnel to Volvo? Work those trade-ins, boys, work them!

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
With the way Larsson and Lehner have been playing and the lottery upcoming as well, hopefully Josefsson out and Pilut in is only the kick-off to the "exchange your used Swede for a new one"-weeks.

According to BN (yeah, I know) Josefsson is headed to Sweden with a 4 year contract. At least that's what they said, take with grain of salt.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
So people are down on Antipin? I guess he didn't play the press box with enough class?

If I was Pilut I would take a look at HFBoards before making a decision so he can get a feel for the misery hes signing up for, experience the self wallowing that nothing will ever be good enough and truely experience the losing culture that grips the Sabres team directly thru its HF fans.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So people are down on Antipin? I guess he didn't play the press box with enough class?

If I was Pilut I would take a look at HFBoards before making a decision so he can get a feel for the misery hes signing up for, experience the self wallowing that nothing will ever be good enough and truely experience the losing culture that grips the Sabres team directly thru its HF fans.

Who's down on Antipin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad