Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed F Brett Murray to a two-year, entry-level contract.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Murray will not be a high end player. But he will probably develop into something the Sabres desperately need. A bottom 6 forward with great size that can be an effective grinder type in playoff series.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Worst case he's Mancari 2.0.
Just like Mancari he only knows how to score. He's going to have to score goals in the NHL to be useful. He doesn't have the defense to play on the 3rd line and he's not a 4th line banger. I think the odds favor him ending up in Europe but he could surprise us.

Reactions: Jim Bob

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I mean dude just turned 22 11 days ago. Let’s not be disappointed he got 24 points in 55 games in Rochester. The AHL is a bit of a step up from the USHL, so that’s not too bad.

I’m not nor said so. You seem to have ignored my post to log a complaint against something I didn’t actually say.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Players talk about the game slowing down for them when their mental processing speed catches up with what's happening around them on the ice. Not so with Brett Murray. When he steps on the ice the game slows down for everyone. This 4th round sleeper with messianic tendencies is poised to lead the Sabres to the promised land.

MurrayMovie.jpg

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Love how he works in front of the net! After Sam, we really didn't/still don't have a front net guy...if he can add redirecting shots from the point to his repertoire, he will be on this team sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Love how he works in front of the net! After Sam, we really didn't/still don't have a front net guy...if he can add redirecting shots from the point to his repertoire, he will be on this team sooner rather than later.

He was on the team last year. He played a couple of games at the end of the year. But he’s my sleeper pick to make the team as an extra forward this year.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres observations: Brett Murray emerging as an effective power forward
Before 21 prospects stepped onto the LECOM Harborcenter ice Wednesday, their coach, Seth Appert, wondered if Brett Murray would be able to keep up with his two talented linemates, Jack Quinn and J-J Peterka.
It was a valid question. Murray was listed at 6-foot-5, 228 pounds, and the 23-year-old power forward’s strengths are different than those of the highly touted goal-scorers. He had no such concerns, though.
“I think they might have to keep up with me a little here,” Murray joked.

Seems like a very coachable player that wants to keep improving and have a spot in the NHL

“It’s very easy for me to tell him that he needs to be more physical and win more puck battles,” said Appert. “It’s a hard way to play, and we all understand that. But it’s his path to the National Hockey League. And I think what was beneficial for him in that development last year is that he saw some early success in the American League from playing that way. He gained confidence because he was having success physically, and on the goal-scoring sheet. … So, all of that we’re hoping gets him to double down toward on that work toward being the power forward that we want him to be."

His hockey sense is noticeable. He's an Andreychukian forechecker that has a good sense of where the passing lanes are and uses his reach to block and intercept passes. He knows how to position himself in front of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad