Sabres Hall of Fame

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For the 50th anniversary I am hoping the team brings back our HOF and inducts several new members whose enshrinement is long overdue. Some guys off the top of my head:

Lindy Ruff (it's insane he isn't already in)

Rob Ray (ditto)

Brad May (single most memorable moment in team history)

Michael Peca (possibly my all time favorite Sabre)

Danny Briere (co-captain of our greatest team ever)

Pat Kaletta (obviously nobody's idea of an all time great but I want him in for one reason: there has NEVER been anyone prouder to be a Buffalo Sabre)

Sabretooth (Beloved team icon who would also give the shortest induction speech ever)

Taro Tsujimoto (The NHL disgracefully denies his very existence, inducting him would be a strong rebuke to this travesty).

I'm typing this half asleep on a train so feel free to list who you want in!

Reactions: IlikeEich

Deleted member 27798

On a related note...I've always hoped the Sabres would turn the street level arena space that is adjacent to Main St. into a Sabres HoF that would be open to ticket holders on game nights, and paid admission all other times.

ThatsAud

Sep 7, 2010
Surrey, BC
In all seriousness, I'm curious to know if many people here believe Darcy Regier belongs in the Sabres Hall of Fame. Numerous mistakes and blunders to go along with lots of success. Traded away franchise greats and acquired franchise greats. Lots of luck, both good and bad, during his tenure. He certainly has the longevity and wins to be considered, but ultimately do we consider him Hall of Fame material? Lindy Ruff is a no-brainer for the Sabres Hall of Fame, and for his entire coaching tenure he was associated with Regier. Curious to know everyone's thoughts. I also wonder what kind of reception he'd receive from a home crowd during an induction ceremony.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
In all seriousness, I'm curious to know if many people here believe Darcy Regier belongs in the Sabres Hall of Fame. Numerous mistakes and blunders to go along with lots of success. Traded away franchise greats and acquired franchise greats. Lots of luck, both good and bad, during his tenure. He certainly has the longevity and wins to be considered, but ultimately do we consider him Hall of Fame material? Lindy Ruff is a no-brainer for the Sabres Hall of Fame, and for his entire coaching tenure he was associated with Regier. Curious to know everyone's thoughts. I also wonder what kind of reception he'd receive from a home crowd during an induction ceremony.

Regier should be there. It looks more like a club where you have to be someone's buddy to get in than a true HOF. How can Hasek not be there?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Regier should be there. It looks more like a club where you have to be someone's buddy to get in than a true HOF. How can Hasek not be there?
He was inducted in 2014 but for some reason the alumni page hasn't been inducted. That was also the most recent induction.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Can we uninduct Phil Housley?

Lol I'd rather they just roast him-

"of course we gotta honor Phil, man what a player! He also coached. 20 years playing! 2 coaching. 1000+ points! Sobotka. Thanks for all your contributions when you laced 'em up Phil. Like, during your career. Playing career. I'm trying to say you sucked as a coach, I don't care if you wore skates for practice during that time. You're still just staring at me chewing gum. It's kinda weird, man, normally there'd be some sorta reactio- ya know what, we're just gonna move on."

Anyways, remove Kaleta, add Barnaby potentially. 100% on Briere and Tsujimoto would be amazing. Have his plaque be missing, keep the joke going as long as possible because I really don't think that one will ever get old for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad