Sabres fire Housley

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm sure Jack will help him out!

They also could have made the Skinner trade even with ROR on the team and yea 40 goals is cool but making the playoffs is even cooler!

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
GM Jack back again!

You too? Ignorance is in full gear today. Oh look canlosewithmatthews liked your post.

There was Nothing to Eichel beinf responsible the first time and certainly isn’t now since if you payed any attention to Eichel or the team you’d know that housley didn’t know what to do as a coach and that Eichel had nothing but great things to say about him.

Reactions: Eichel9

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I'm sure Jack will help him out!

They also could have made the Skinner trade even with ROR on the team and yea 40 goals is cool but making the playoffs is even cooler!

Do you have any other sarcastic, passive aggressive comments to make to satisfy yourself in threads based around teams you don’t like who make firings or are you done?

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Players don't typically say "my coach sucks and doesn't know what hes doing" FYI :dunno:

Oh really? Then how did @jacK strike again?” Considering that’s exactly what you think happened.

You have no substance to back
Up your claims other then the dislike of a team and it’s captain and you and a couple others want something to be the so badly and it never has or will be. It’s sad.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Oh really? Then how did @jacK strike again?” Considering that’s exactly what you think happened.

You have no substance to back
Up your claims other then the dislike of a team and it’s captain and you and a couple others want something to be the so badly and it never has or will be. It’s sad.

Its entirely possible something happened behind the scenes. I think its foolish to completely rule that out.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

I’d say he’s had bad luck both teams had to start rebuilding we’ll the bills are in constant mode when he took the helm of the team.”

I’ll give you the resume doesent look good but it’s still a small sample size give him at least a decade until 2021 and she
If the sabres have either made it or made strides.

Buffalo had some great seasons befor he took over made the playoffs and conference finals 06 same with 07 along with presidents trophy and then was a to five team in offense in 08 despite losing Campbell briere an drury In 07s off season and having to match the Kevin los Vanek Offer sheet in the same summer and even then in 08 they ended up missing only by a few Pts, in 09 they missed by a bit too then subsequently made it to games six and seven of first round while being in Playoffs in both the next two seasons in 2010 and 2011. So with a half a decade of success, that either propels team Further with the core or it started a rebuild, instead petula when he came the management team decided it was time for a re tool rather then a rebuild (by signing free agents Leino ehrhoff to awful deals then set the rebuimd back s few years and then they did a complete management overhaul in 16. So it’s been three seasons with this regime now and it takes time, more then any of us would like but as you can see he didn’t get thrown into the best situation.

However now he has Eichel and dahlin so you just have to imagine fortunes will turn, a new coach may help this assuming they pick someone good this time.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Its entirely possible something happened behind the scenes. I think its foolish to completely rule that out.

Anything’s entirely possible. But probable? After the growth and maturing Eichel had done both on and off the ice this year, have you payed any attention to the differences on his conduct and it interviews as well as what his peers and one time Badgers kn air personalities have said about him “becoming a man.” One time insiders like John Shannon Nick kypreos all praising him this year for his growrth and no teammate ex or current ever saying a bad thing about him even despite the hard times he’d had to sustain with little actual help. You really think he just resorted back to his apparent. Old ways and got rid of the coach. First of all while that would be the wrong approach it’s still the right decision.

The only people who want hosiery to keep his job of doing nothing are being who hate the sabres and want to pick something else about Eichel they can try and dislike or stir the pot with.

Base things in evidence not could be would be, it’s possible that Dubas and Babcock hate each other’s guts. And at least that rumour holds some actual probability to it unlike the one you seem to desire.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So funny how many sabres fans were happy about the direction the organization took after firing Tim Murray.
I could say here that I told them so but I’m better than that.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
So funny how many sabres fans were happy about the direction the organization took after firing Tim Murray.
I could say here that I told them so but I’m better than that.

Nothing changed we like botts over Tim Murray but because the last cosch befor housley sucked doesent mean the next guy would be great, it possible to have two bad coaches back To back and we did. This team isn’t a contender or anything but they’re not well coached and have to been since ruff

On paper? A few. In reality? Zero. Everyone knows that Eichel is GM, head coach and captain of this team. :nod:

That was original.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Can we have him back in Nashville in time for Game 1 of the playoffs? (In case another Preds fan didn't already say that).

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
He way too man indefensible decisions this year to save his job. In the technology age you can quantify decisions and correct the bad ones and continue with the good ones.

Phil just made so many decisions that defied evidence and logic. The list is long, but:

Not sending Thompson to the AHL sooner or just not playing him at all until Botts did.
Scratching Pilut too often. Also not playing him with Risto at ES when it was the only partner Risto had that wasnt a net negative possession wise.
Playing Reinhart with Eichel after he proved he could contribute and drive a line away from him.
Taking Skinner away from Eichel instead of Reinhart.
Continually playing Risto top minutes even when Dahlin showed he could be the #1 on the team.
Not playing someone like Pomminville with Eichel. ANYONE SCORES WITH EICHEL PUT BETTER PLAYERS DOWN THE LINEUP

I would bash my head against the wall over some of these obviously wrong coaching decisions he made week after week.

I dont know the relationship he had with JB, but if a player should have gone down or come up, he should have atleast had some say in that.

It doesnt help he is the most boring person I have ever hear speak either. My god.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Will probably throw all that money on Joel Quenneville, best fit for him right now. I just don't see him going to Florida, but I'll say I might be wrong in case if he does sign where I don't expect him to then Panthers fans won't be liking this because 'I'm wrong.'

Think plan B for Buffalo will be Todd McLellan.

Think Q should go to Seattle.

FLA is closer to being a contender than BUF is IMO and I'd rather live in Florida, plus he and Tallon have a really good relationship.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Phils from the 80s who aren't doing too well these days:

175880_orig.jpg
Phil-Collins%20(32).jpg

But seriously, what a weird performing team they were this season.

First 25 games
17-6-2
Last 25 games
5-17-3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad