Sabres Eve - Best way to watch in-market?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Hey guys, I know I'm doing my homework last second, but before I resort to stealing, for those who know the ins and outs of television, what is the cheapest way for me to be able to watch every Sabres game legally this year? I'm in Wyoming county, which is in the Sabres' "region" or whatever. I'm open to any service, package, app, VPN combo, whatever. What minimizes cost?

Thanks!

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Hey guys, I know I'm doing my homework last second, but before I resort to stealing, for those who know the ins and outs of television, what is the cheapest way for me to be able to watch every Sabres game legally this year? I'm in Wyoming county, which is in the Sabres' "region" or whatever. I'm open to any service, package, app, VPN combo, whatever. What minimizes cost?

Thanks!
DirecTV Stream and Fubo are the only streaming options that carry MSG Network

Reactions: GellMann

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
These are two different streaming options?

Does anyone here do an ESPN+ and VPN combo, and how much does that cost?
I do

9.99 a month for ESPN plus

I forget how much my VPN is because it was a 3 year subscription .. I think it averaged out to like 13 bucks a month

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I do

9.99 a month for ESPN plus

I forget how much my VPN is because it was a 3 year subscription .. I think it averaged out to like 13 bucks a month
That seems a LOT cheaper than finding a way to get MSG.

So this would let you VPN to, say, Salt Lake City or something - and then you will get to see EVERY sabres game? Just Sabres games that aren't nationally televised? If the latter, how do you watch those?

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
If you have a friend or family member that still pays for DirecTV, you can use their credentials to login on the DirecTV app and stream and network, told my dad to do that for Bills games that aren't being broadcasted here and he uses my brother in laws account.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
That seems a LOT cheaper than finding a way to get MSG.

So this would let you VPN to, say, Salt Lake City or something - and then you will get to see EVERY sabres game? Just Sabres games that aren't nationally televised? If the latter, how do you watch those?
Yes.. if they are playing a national game against a Canadian Team then I watch the away stream ..

Otherwise I usually try to find like 1 week trial offers to streaming service that carries NHL network or Tbs ect

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What do u use to stream? Roku?

Just make sure whatever you use to stream has your VPN app

I use Nividia Shield to stream and they have the Nord VPN app in Play Store

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
What about an MSG + subscription?

29.99 a month.

But you wouldn't get national games

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
What do u use to stream? Roku?

Just make sure whatever you use to stream has your VPN app

I use Nividia Shield to stream and they have the Nord VPN app in Play Store
Well I have a smart TV, so I'm not actually sure how the VPN would work.

What about an MSG + subscription?

29.99 a month.

But you would get national games
True, that's almost double the vpn/ESPN stack though

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Thanks!
ESPN+ won’t get you TNT games

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Any idea how many of those we play? I know I could look it up, maybe you just know it tho
Haven't looked at the whole season. I think it's five games total this month and next.
(If we are counting NHL Network games...I think those aren't on espn+... can't remember).

I have an added problem. I live in NJ and Sabres games are blacked out when they play the devils, rangers, islanders, and flyers on espn+.

• Wow

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Well I have a smart TV, so I'm not actually sure how the VPN would work.

True, that's almost double the vpn/ESPN stack though
Check app store on the smart TV... you'll set it up on your computer or phone.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You have to have a cable subscription to get MSG plus I think
You can purchase msg+ subscription directly now.

You have to be within the msg networks' home television territory though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beerz

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
They're a hot ticket this year. I think it's 15 games.
And that spreads between Hulu, TNT, ESPN, NHL Network, stuff like that.

Thanks for all the useful info everyone! Crazy how complicated they make it. If there was an NHL app where you clicked a team button and said "I want these 82 games" I would probably be willing to pay a huge amount of money for that

Reactions: Jacob582

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
On my firestick I download Kodi and use MadTitan for most sports and The Crew for everything else streaming, movies, TV etc. I pay for real-debrid to weed out bad links and that costs me like $20 a year.

Lots of links on how to set all that up. Not that hard.

Reactions: Beerz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad