GDT: Sabres @ Ducks 10PM EST TV:ESPN+/Hulu Radio:WGR550 Small Team in a Small Pond

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I said two months ago we had a major communication issue between a coach out of his depths who is turning to vets and a GM whose only answer is get younger.
It was clear from Don’s interviews once things began to get ugly that he was visibly pissed at the roster he was given this year. He expected more roster moves, not a younger team.

Reactions: Chainshot

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
You're f***ing kidding me, right? They lost this game? To f***ing Anaheim?

I'm not even going to bother to read the posts in this thread.
I am done with this team and this organization.
Best wishes to you diehards. I just can't invest anymore time or energy with this "team".
f*** off Pegula.

Reactions: Franchise32of32

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I think that game is curtains for Donnie. Be surprised to see him as the coach still once back from the west coast trip.
Adams has glowingly reviewed Donnie. He ain't doing anything until at least the end of the end of they year which shows everything you need to know about Adams as a GM in the league.

Has any team been worse that's had a mid season coaching change this year?

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Ice creams for everyone. Nice job

No need to try anything different, just keep doing same things over and over again

Obviously none of the players in Rochester deserve a shot when the current roster is outperforming.

Just keep on keeping on.

Franchise32of32

Jan 24, 2024
Ice creams for everyone. Nice job

No need to try anything different, just keep doing same things over and over again

Obviously none of the players in Rochester deserve a shot when the current roster is outperforming.

Just keep on keeping on.
How could win bring up any prospects? We have Zach Benson and his 4 goals dominating the NHL already.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Well, as embarrassing and frustrating as this is- this is probably what's needed to get Granato fired, though you know it's going to takena few more weeks of this for KA to grow a set and fire the coach.

The problem is, the stench is wreaking off the GM now, and I once thought a coaching change could do the trick in righting the ship a month or so back, but with KA's indecisiveness- I think we'll be ass until he's gone, too.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Best wishes to you diehards. I just can't invest anymore time or energy with this "team".
f*** off Pegula.

I predicted it earlier. See my post on the first page.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Just watched the Granato (de)presser. That man is lost.

When the confidence level dropped on the bench... What is the coaches role? Heads drooping... What are the staff doing?

GTFO Baby Blue.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY

f*** off Pegula.
They didn't just lose, it's even worse than that. They were walked by the Ducks. The Ducks showed no respect for the Sabres, they toyed with them and got bored with them.

Reactions: sabremike

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Good: Got a great laugh out of Clifton's faux pas.
Bad: (or maybe it was actually good... :) ) Fell asleep on couch sometime between 11:00 and 11:30.
Ugly: for a national ESPN+ broadcast, it was decidedly anti-Buffalo. I was expecting the broadcast crew, with all their verbal and graphical snippets on the Sabres chronic annual ineptitude, to explain to their viewing audience that the Sabre player's parents laced and tied their skates before the start of each game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad