Confirmed with Link: Sabres claim Remi Elie off of waivers

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He’s a one-trick pony at the NHL level. If you combined him and Linus Omark you might actually get a competent NHL talent.
I sometimes think about making a Frankensteins monster out of our bottom 6 players and then I realize all of the parts are crappy.
At least you can put Pilut's brain inside of Ristolainen's head. If the team ever travels to China I'll hope they do the surgery over there.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
His production in Dallas was comparable to Larsson and Girgenson. It was actually better than Sobotka and Thompson. He should have been more than good enough to play on the Sabres 4th line.
Remi Elie Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

He's a fine 4th line energy player. But when you don't have a 2nd or 3rd line and your 4th liners are forced to play more than 10 minutes a night, the fan base is gonna turn on you real quick.

It's one of the reasons I chuckle when I hear people calling for someone like Tanev. Sure he looks great when he can just fly around and hit people because he's always surrounded 4 other guys that are doing their job and doing it well. But when he's surrounded by guys like Erod and Okposo, like clockwork people are gonna start to complain about his hockey sense, lack of scoring, and eventually wonder why Botts signed yet another guy that doesn't belong in the league.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He's a fine 4th line energy player. But when you don't have a 2nd or 3rd line and your 4th liners are forced to play more than 10 minutes a night, the fan base is gonna turn on you real quick.

It's one of the reasons I chuckle when I hear people calling for someone like Tanev. Sure he looks great when he can just fly around and hit people because he's always surrounded 4 other guys that are doing their job and doing it well. But when he's surrounded by guys like Erod and Okposo, like clockwork people are gonna start to complain about his hockey sense, lack of scoring, and eventually wonder why Botts signed yet another guy that doesn't belong in the league.

Elie ATOI Dallas 10:15 , Buffalo 10:21
I think there's something with the Housley system that keeps energy players from playing their game. Elie played like a slug when he was up.

Last edited:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Elie ATOI Dallas 10:15 , Buffalo 10:21
I think there's something with the Housley system that keeps energy players from playing their game. Elie played like a slug when he was up.

Wow, those numbers actually surprise me. But I tend to agree about housleys system from a forechecking perspective. It never seemed good enough at taking away time and space. We definitely didn't do a good job of taking away passing options, so the opposition could easily transition before we could get to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad