Confirmed with Link: Sabres claim Remi Elie off of waivers

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I like the move and I don't like it. I like that we added speed to our bottom 2 lines which lacks speed. If we're going to have a lackluster 3 and 4 lines then they better at least have an identity. If that's speed then great. I don't like it because we had to dumpster dive for a speedy player to offset the slow players Botterill has added the past 2 seasons and because our 2 internal speedsters didn't bother to show up to training camp 3 years in a row.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Know nothing about him, but I like what I saw from the clips posted in that blog. Hustle with enough skill to pot a few. Seems like he knows how to read the play too.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm okay with this move. Not a world beater, but seemed to have some chemistry with a guy like Faksa. Role player for the 3rd or 4th line. I can see him being paired with Mittelstadt to improve the speed even more.

IMO, someone or a couple guys are being sent down or waived. I can see Thompson being sent down and if Larsson is close to returning waived.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’ve actually read him as a better defensive version of Baptiste.

Last edited:
Reactions: jBuds

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
You're are asking the wrong questions, is he really an upgrade over Smith, Nylander, Oloffson?

Why do you want Smith Nylander or Oloffson playing 4th line minutes for the Sabres? They need to be playing offensive minutes on top lines at this point.

This is more about Girgs and Larsson. Elie is a 4th line replacement for Wilson at this point but when Larsson gets back it will be interesting to see what they do on that 4th line.

Reactions: SabresFan15

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
He’ll be a Wilson replacement while he’s out up to 10 weeks with an ankle injury.

After that? :dunno: depends on how he plays.
So an extra? Girgensons got Wilson's spot, I dont think Wilson was anything more than an extra skater.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So an extra? Girgensons got Wilson's spot, I dont think Wilson was anything more than an extra skater.

Girgensons has Girgensons spot. Wilson is out injured and this guy will take his roster spot. I have no idea if they plan on putting him in the staring 12 or where he would play if they do.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Girgensons has Girgensons spot. Wilson is out injured and this guy will take his roster spot. I have no idea if they plan on putting him in the staring 12 or where he would play if they do.
Where was Girgensons spot on that roster? It was him and Wilson fighting it out for 4LW.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Lemi Elie

Lemi Winks?

maxresdefault.jpg

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
This is why they claimed him. He's not a smurf. The Sabres need to become a more physical team.

As I mentioned earlier, though, Roussel is gone. There’s no changing that. The question is, who can follow him? Most teams have that one player. You know, the guy who won’t be afraid to drop the gloves and get in a scrap, or stick up for a hurt player. For the Dallas Stars, Antoine Roussel was that guy.
All indications point that if there’s any player on the Stars’ roster that has a style of game that’s similar to that of Roussel’s, it’s Remi Elie. Though he doesn’t fight often, Elie has that aspect of blue-collar toughness when he’s on the ice.
Dallas Stars: Will Anybody Fill Antoine Roussel’s Shoes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad