Walker-Latta-Spencer

Schilling-Niskanen
Alzner-Bowey
Moore-Lewington

Copley(1st period)
Holtby(2nd and 3rd period)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
RT @WaltonCaps There's hockey downtown today. Feels good just to say that. #CapsSabres at 5:00, at 7th and F, and on 1500 AM. #Caps

Yeah boy

Redskins + Caps both win = good times

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffaloSabres - Game Roster - at Washington Capitals - 5:00 pm ET - TV - MSG - NHL Network - Radio - ESPN Radio 1520 AM.
Goalies - Lieuwen - Makarov.
Forwards - Adam - Armia - Dalpe - Deslauriers - Ellis - Flynn - Grigorenko - Karabacek - Larsson - Mitchell - Reinhart - Varone.
Defenseman - Benoit - Ristolainen - Ruhwedel - Strachan - Weber - Zadorov.

@BuffaloSabres - Lieuwen first off the ice, likely starter this evening.

@ChrisRyndak - Forward Lines - Deslauriers-Reinhart-Armia. Ellis-Varone-Larsson. Karabacek-Grigorenko-Flynn. Adam-Dalpe-Mitchell.
Defense Pairings - Zadorov-Strachan, Weber-Ristolainen, Ruhwedel-Benoit.

@SabresProspects - Nice to see Karabacek get into today's lineup vs Washington.
Good hands and skill level to show the coaches before heading back to Gatineau.
I wouldn't mind if the #Sabres tried a PP unit with five #1 picks. Armia-Reinhart-Grigorenko, Zadorov-Ristolainen.
All five of those guys could get a confidence boost with the extra space to navigate. It'd need to be earned, of course.

@BNHarrington - Among those skating in #Sabres game group - Reinhart, Grigo, Armia, Ristolainen, Zadorov. Lieuwen-Makarov in goal.
Nolan true to his word that vets will play later games. Only vet #Sabres in game group are Weber, Benoit, Ellis, Flynn, Mitchell.
Reinhart took line rushes between Armia and Deslauriers.
Aside from Reinhart - newcomers playing tonight are Dalpe, Benoit, Strachan and Karabacek.

@BuffaloSabres - No captain for tonight's game, Nolan says. The veterans Ellis, Weber, Benoit will carry A's.
@BNHarrington - Nolan says Lieuwen will play goal tonight, likely the whole game.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Here are our actual lines. Coach made it seem like established vets won't play much until the last few games and that appears to be true. Hopefully no one gets banged up. Good luck. If anyone has any questions about our players I'd be happy to answer.

MORNING SKATE REPORT (SEPT. 21): http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=731198&navid=DL|BUF|home

GAME GROUP
44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 23 Sam Reinhart - 33 Joel Armia
37 Matt Ellis - 84 Philip Varone - 22 Johan Larsson
74 Vaclav Karabacek - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 65 Brian Flynn
72 Luke Adam - 20 Zac Dalpe - 17 Torrey Mitchell

61 Andre Benoit - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
6 Mike Weber - 5 Chad Ruhwedel
51 Nikita Zadorov - 24 Tyson Strachan

50 Nathan Lieuwen
35 Andrey Makarov

Game Notes: http://sabres.nhl.com/v2/ext/2014-15 Season/Preseason/20140921-Preseason-At-Capitals.pdf

DCRedhawk21

May 7, 2011
Northern Virginia
Release the Strachan.... Excited for this game even if it is pre-season. Just good to see some hockey and excited to finally see Bura and Niskanen play today.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Won't be able to catch the game. Looking forward to impressions though. I don't know what to expect out of Trotz.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
What? Justify watching a completely awful, irrelevant, hockey game by claiming I'm going to leverage my profound knowledge of the sport to carefully observe prospects and the new coaching staff? Ok.

dave-chappelle-gifs-37.gif

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
#Caps listed on tonight's roster but skating this morning, so most likely scratched: Byers, Johansson, Pimm, Erskine, Oleksy, Grubauer.

Add D Michal Cajkovsky to the list of now seven #Caps scratches tonight. At most, they'll dress 20 vs. Buffalo.

Per @WaltonCaps, #Caps top two lines tonight will be Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wellman & Ward-Burakovsky-Chimera. But no reading into that mkay?

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
#Caps listed on tonight's roster but skating this morning, so most likely scratched: Byers, Johansson, Pimm, Erskine, Oleksy, Grubauer.

Add D Michal Cajkovsky to the list of now seven #Caps scratches tonight. At most, they'll dress 20 vs. Buffalo.

Per @WaltonCaps, #Caps top two lines tonight will be Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wellman & Ward-Burakovsky-Chimera. But no reading into that mkay?

Potential 3rd line, bye Mojo. :sarcasm:

It could happen though. :)

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
On my way to the game. Excited the season is right around the corner and to check out niskanen and burakovsky

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wilson
Laich - Kuznetsov - Brouwer (Sorry Kuz)
Chimera - Burakovsky - Ward

Not that I think they'll move 90 (yet) but if they prefer the skill level to softness ratio of those centers better then it does sort of make sense.

Lines for this one:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wellman
Chimera - Burakovsky - Ward
Laich - Stephenson - Kennedy
Walker - Latta - Spencer

Schilling - Niskanen
Alzner - Bowey
Moore - Lewington

Copley
Holtby

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Mike Vogel @VogsCaps
#Caps lines today vs. BUF: Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wellman, Chimera-Burakovsky-Ward, Laich-Stephenson-Kennedy, Walker-Latta-Spencer.

Mike Vogel @VogsCaps
Defensive pairs: Schilling-Niskanen, Alzner-Bowey, Moore-Lewington. Copley in goal.

Interesting.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I wonder if Hillen is the 6th while Orlov is out. Be intersted if someone like Bowey can make a play for that 6th/7th early...

And I just realized, are we penciling in Orlov on the right side already?

There's already 3 right handed Ds locked in.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
IMO they're just trying to balance the pairs out since there's such little NHL experience between Schilling and Bowey. I'd be shocked if Bowey makes a push for a spot. He's likely behind Wey, Carrick and even Oleksy or Kundratek in terms of readiness. He really seems to struggle when facing a rise in competition.

Schilling ought to get a long look since he'll require waivers to be sent down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->